Sign in to follow this  

System Failure

After between 3 and 10 minutes after starting plane, I am losing almost all instruments and avionics. Just goes black and won't come back on. Upon looking at the Systems Failure menu I find that it shows an electrical system failure. Don't know why it is doing this because I never have armed the system failure boxes of any kind. Any clue as to what's happening? So far I have only tested it on two planes - default Boeing 737 and freeware Fokker 100-70. I have checked the system failure menu after airplane startup to make sure none of the boxes are checked but doesn't matter. Still fails after a few minutes. Any ideas? ThanksJim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

is your Battery and Generator on? That usually knocks out the power. If you are using a 3rd party plane sometimes the dont add the switches but you still need them on so you could load up the default and turn them on then switch planes or just assign some hot keys. Not sure if this will help but its the only thing that comes to my mind.Kilstorm

i have a similar situation, i had loaded a "load-out" program that had a "wait" period" before the "passengers" boarded. well, i didn't like it and uninstalled it. ever since, the default 737 will go "dark" unless i get the engines fired up within5 minutes , other wise i have to change a/c and then change back. so... did you install any loadout software? tt

FSUIPC, click on Technical.. Extend Battery Life or something to that effect. Your battery is going dead.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that. In the meantime I assigned a hot key for electrical system failure and as long as I don't press the key the elec. power stays on ok. If at some time I get bored and want an elec. system failure during flight, I can just press that key. and increase my pucker factor.Jim