Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Canary Islands scenery

A great shame Canarysim (Project Canarias 2006) closed up before completing the westernmost islands (they didn't actually issue Fuerteventura or Lanzarote, did they? I've never located them, and the site closed down a couple of years ago now).Well, I still have the other islands on my FS9 setup, and they look great, as many of you will already know; but apart from GCLA, the airports themselves are very bare. There is the file canaryls.zip on flightsim.com but the airports there are not really what I am looking for. I wondered about the Aerosoft Canary Islands scenery:http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...33040,DF10199_1but I don't know how well this would sit with the Project Canarias scenery. The Aerosoft download also contains mesh, coastlines, roads etc., but as I want to keep the Canarysim look, I would have to remove these from the Aerospoft installation and just have the airports (which is all I am looking for). Has anyone actually got both of these on their FS9 setup and therefore able to report back the result? I can't really locate any sceneries, freeware or otherwise, of the airports alone..Thanks,Martin

What a coincidence...I have had Project Canarias 2006 for quite some time and finally installed it this past weekend.While I do not have the Aerosoft scenery, there is a configuration aplet that comes with Project Canarias 2006 that allows them to co-exist. It's all explained in the Project Canarias 2006 readme.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

So there is! I've had the Canarysim scenery installed all this time and never noticed. Thanks!Martin

Well I bought the Aerosoft scenery and have been flying around the islands most of the day. Together with the CanarySim scenery it really is most impressive. There were a few problems with elevations (though the CanarySim installer for Aerosoft is pretty neat, and I had to hunt down a couple of rogue files to stop AES scenery floating in mid-air, but it looks good now.I am yet again reminded just how good the CanarySim Photoreal scenery is. I am not on the whole a great fan of Photoreal scenery, to say the least, but the CanarySim is just wonderful, so wonderfully sharp and realistic. It's been one of my favourites ever since I installed it. Such a pity that they 'went out of business' before they finished the last two islands. The Lanzarote scenery here actually complements the Aerosoft scenery well, I've left it active...http://fs2000.org/index.php/downloads/scen...ote-ortosceneryMartin

Glad you have sorted it out.Thanks for the tip on Lanzarote, I will check it out.I agree they did a good job, added enough autogen to make it not look like your flying over a flat picture.cheers,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest bru_air
Well I bought the Aerosoft scenery and have been flying around the islands most of the day. Together with the CanarySim scenery it really is most impressive. There were a few problems with elevations (though the CanarySim installer for Aerosoft is pretty neat, and I had to hunt down a couple of rogue files to stop AES scenery floating in mid-air, but it looks good now.Martin
Hi,I got the same problem with Aerosoft Canary Islands concerning the suddenly shut-down of FS9 when you are flying mid-air in the neighbourhood of the Canaries (some message about a problem with terrain.dll). Could you please tell me which files you have deleted to stop this problem. It is really a shame becaus I love this beautiful scenery soooo much. I would appreciate your help!Thanks in advance!

Only just noticed this reply (don't seem to be getting topic reply notices via email). I'll look and post back (assuming you are still subscribed to this thread!),Martin

I see that I removed gom_5_01.bgl, but I also had to make a flatten file using fst_flattenM.