Sign in to follow this  
Guest Major Pilot

747-400X NOTAM on install

Guest Major Pilot

Hey everyoneI just purchased the PMDG 744X. What an awesome plane. I received the NOTAM stating my FSX was pre SP1 but I have acceleration installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled FSXA and tried reinstalling the plane but I have the same notam. I did a search and could not find any information other than a few other people having the same issue.Thanks in advance for any help!Mike Vivaldi

Guest Major Pilot

Here is an image. I am running FSXA, Vista ultimate 32bit, Intel Q6600 2.4ghz, 3 gigs of ram. I ran the installer under administrator to no avail. It points me to this forum however. My biggest concern is regarding any compatibility issues this may cause if the installer thinks my FSX is not SP2/Acceleration. Thanks in advance for any help!RegardsMike VivaldiEdit:Ran another search and saw this threadhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...mp;hl=747+NOTAMPlease confirm. Does this still apply? Thank you very much.

Ignore it Mike, tis only an advisory message. Be sure to follow any that say about Runtime or Visual C though.John Ellison

Guest LarryKSEA

Hi. I saw that message about Visual C and clicked on the link which went to the MS site to download it if needed. Trying to remember all it said, I seen net framework 2.0 and a reference to 3.5 of which I have installed. Am I good to go with 3.5?Thankyou.Larry Dowell

Guest LarryKSEA

Bump. I see the forum moves fast so I am bumping the topic before it gets lost in the crowd. Looking for a simple answer, see question above.Thanks

The pmdg installers include the runtime libraries, and you shouldn't have to download anything from MS.The installers will present a repair option if they detect the library is already installed. Other than your question regarding the confusing NOTAM, which it truly is, I can't find a description of a problem that you are trying to resolve. Hopefully, you've got her running by now. Maybe?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest LarryKSEA

Thankyou for the reply.No problems at this point. I took the plane for a cruise around the block, which I usually do as a test drive. And next, I will go through the checklists and do a flight.What I did notice on my first test flight was that not all of the autopilot functions were clickable, but I'm thinking I didn't have everything set up correctly at that point.I was impressed how she flew manually.Have a good day!

Guest Major Pilot

Everything runs quite well now. The doors are another issue which I will be posting on another thread. I also followed this tune up http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041 and got a serious frame rate boost which makes flying the PMDG sooo much better. I am on my way now to Ramstein http://flightaware.com/live/flight/GTI8500Thank you so much for all of the help.Mike Vivaldi