Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

fs2004 aircraft compatability

I was wondering what happened to the recent thread about addon aircraft, some would work others wouldn't. It was posted a couple of days ago and I can't find it. If someone could link it that would be great. I am just wondering, because I would like to see if anyone has tried older models in fs2004. The thread had something about fsds1, 2 and gmax something like that.Thank You,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Theres a similar list developing over at the project ai forums. Might want to look there too.sg

I can't locate the thread at the moment, but I'll sum up my experience:FSDS 1 aircraft--forget it, unless you don't mind missing animations. The only aircraft I'll miss is Yannick's great Robin--I eliminated all other FSDS 1 aircraft from my FS2002 collection prior to joining the testing. If the Falcon 50 is FSDS 1 (I can't recall), those with this aircraft may have issues as well. FSDS 2 aircraft--they work, but they have some issues which aren't the fault of FS2004. Landing lights still seem to choke the effects engine, and those of us who use this as a design tool have been waiting for Lou to update it, and bring it in full compliance with the last SDK. The last update to FSDS 2 was months ago, although there's talk of another release coming. GMAX aircraft--no problems of those I've tried with gold.Now onto gauges.... Microsoft made significant changes in the way AFD data is handled. The common victims seem to be the GPS gauges that read the AFD database. Third party gauge developers will be fixing these, although I don't know if the same will hold true for freeware developers.-John

Thank you for the info. I guess I will use the IFDG 757s and whatever new MD-80s are available when the program comes out.