Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gary Buska

Repaints in original categories

Guest zenandzen

Hi,First of all i would like to thank all involved in providing these files to all of us simmers.Very much appreciated.What i have tell ,i hope is not going to sound like whingeing,i am merely point out an observation.I have noticed ,when looking through file library listings there seem to be more & more repaints showing up in the original aircraft sections.I had noticed it weeks ago & left well enough alone.As recently as today i notice it is still happening.The most recent is a B737-800 repaint for the FSX default.Even the file description says it is a repaint.Thanks & keep up the great work.zenandzen

Guest Gary Buska

This is a gray area indeed. trying to determine what is a repaint and what is a ORIGINAL AIRCRAFT can be tricky. To me a repaint has only textures in the file where a original aircraft has everything in it. The problem is some developers out there take a existing aircraft put new textures in it then change some of the other files as well such as the cockpit or the .air file and call it a original aircraft. This is a area we have to work on and come up with better guide lines as to what is a repaint and what is a original aircraft. Until we can come up with something please bear with us.Regards!Gary Buska Library Manager Forum Moderator.www.AVSIM.com