Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Climb1

FS9 Scenery Library/Scenery.cfg problem

Guest Climb1

Hi.I have been having problems with my FS9 scenery library since I tried installing a new airport yesterday. Basically I sucessfully managed to install the "JAPANESE AIRPORTS VOL3" scenery pack. I then realised that I only really needed RJAA to be installed so I decided to go to the FS9 scenery library and uncheck (disable) the other 5 airports. After saving this, closing and reopening FS9 I was surprised to see the library back the way it was before. With all airports checked.So I tried to move the unwanted airports down the priority list. Once again, after FS9 was rebooted they were in the exact same place as before.Next I tried to delete the unwanted airports. I saved it, closed and reopened FS9 but sure enough, there they were again.So I tried to uninstall the entire JAPANESE AIRPORTS VOL3 pack. I noticed when booting up FS9 i kept getting the "error" messages associated with not having the scenery files to match that in the library (I thought it would have automatically removed them from the library but it didnt). So I checked this and deleted all the JAPANESE AIRPORTS VOL3 from the library. Guess what? After rebooting FS9 they still show up in the library.So I went and opened the scenery.cfg with good ol' wordpad and sure enough, nowhere on the .cfg is there any of the JAPANESE AIRPORTS VOL3 listed! Yet they still show up in the library.In fact if I move any of the files in the scenery library they just end up right back where they were before a reboot.Strange!Does anyone have any ideas please. I really am at a total loss here!!! :( Many thanksWayne

Are you running Vista perhaps?If so, try turning off UAC -Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and turn off UAC (User Account Control)If it is on, Vista is blocking your attempts to change things.Keep us posted.