Sign in to follow this  
Aris11b

FSX AI Carriers I call "NO JOY"

I have tried just about everything I can think of to get this to work and I have come to the point were it is just not worth the effort anymore. I am ready to call "NO JOY" on this adventure.The 1st AI carriers that came out were easy to install and they are where they are suppose to be. (Carrier battle groups AI traffic pack 1 by Lamont Clark)Then I noticed this download (FSX:ACCELERATION USS NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWER)...but it recommends to use these carriers with AI carriers 2 freeware software by Lamont Clark, by the way this (ACCELERATION USS NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWER) and AI carriers 1 both had very easy to follow read me files. So I went looking for Lamont Clarks AI carriers 2 which I found. This had a less than helpful read me file.It comes with an installer but does not say in to which folder or file it needed to install in, it listed it to install in my "C: drive program files not FSX directly" so I found the file and manually moved it into FSX as it's own file, not into any other folders in FSX i;e simobjects, airplanes, boats etc, just a folder by itself in FSX.I've been going thru the forums till my mind goes numb from it all.Would it be possible "before I give up completely on this carrier issue" and post a link or the directions step by step for installing this addon, from AI carrier pack 1 to the ACCELERATION USS NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWER.Do you need AI carriers pack 1 to get the AI carriers 2 and ACCELERATION USS NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWER carriers to work correctly or can they be used together without AI carriers 1 pack, like I said I have the AI carriers pack 1 installed and it works fine, it's just the other 2 I'm having problems installing, mainly AI carriers 2. I think the NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWER carriers pack will be a easy to follow.I really want to learn how to get this into my sim so that I might see what detail and work went into the ACCELERATION USS NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWERbecause the screen shots look outstanding. I'd like to know what it's like to trap on a full flight deck.Also since this seems to be an issue talked about here on the forums alot, and on othe fourms "about what to do and not to do", would it be possible, not to mention easier if someone got the permission from both authors and download eveything in to 1 package with a read me file that says this goes here, that goes there.I'm really a smart guy..well maybe not. I don't have problems adding textures to my AC or small fixes that are put out as updates I know what air cfg files are...really I do :( When I download a file and you tell me after unzipping the file that simobjects goes to simobjects, gauges go to gauges, effects go to effects etc I can get around that, thats not that hard, but this is starting to wear me out.So with that, if its possible to get any help or direction on how to resolve this issue it would be GREATLY appreciated. :( Happy simming and happy flights, and always remeber.... Blue means sky, Brown means ground :( CheersAri

Ari, Just let Aicarrier2 install itself wherever it wants (probably into your c\Program Files directory) by using the provided setup file. It will automatically add a line to to the FSX exe.xml file so that it loads automatically when you start FSX. After installation, a new menu item should appear in under "Add-ons" in the FSX titlebar.From the Ike/Nimitz package, copy cvn_68_69.cfg into 'conf.d' folder inside your 'Aicarriers' installation folder.Copy all three folders (Simobjects, Effects and Sound) into you main FSX folder.That's it

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4