Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have been using AS 6 (upgraded to 6.5) in my Vista 32 machine. Just went from Vista to Win 7 64 and am attempting to reload the program.When it gets to the point of setting up the path to personal app. data I get an error: "Initialization error reading files".I am selecting (my name)\app data but it doesn't work.What is the correct path in Win 7 and will the program even work in Win 7?ThanksJim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,AS does work in Win 7. Make sure you are signed in as Administrator. Make sure the App Data folder is read and write enabled.Thanks,

Hi,AS does work in Win 7. Make sure you are signed in as Administrator. Make sure the App Data folder is read and write enabled.Thanks,
Still doesn/t work. I've got sharing enabled and read/write selected and I am running as Administrator.One thing I don't understand though is that even though everything is configured as I just stated, when I right click on App Data and click on Share with, it keeps showing a padlock symbol next to Nobody. Don't know how to get rid of it. Any ideas?Jim

Hi,Looks like some security that is a part of Win 7. You might need to browse the Web to look for more information. I don't have Win 7 so I can't check anything.Thanks,

I, too, recently upgraded to Win7-64 and was having some problems running other, non-FS9 apps even with UAC off and running as Admin. What I figured out was I needed to take ownership of the files and folders, example of this here. I did this on the old Documents and Settings folders, the Program Files and Program Files (x32) folders. This might not be the best practice but everything works for me now, including ASA. YRMV and Good Luck!Cheers!!