Sign in to follow this  
Guest Formula

FS2Crew is not working!

Guest Formula

I downloaded this software from the PMDG site for the FSX version of the PMDG 747. I installed the porgram and ran FSX. On starting FSX I made sure it started with the 2D panel as default. The click spot on the compass does not work. Switched to 3d cockpit, the click spot on the clock does not work. Uninstalled FS2Crew. Re-Installed FS2Crew. Made sure FS2Crew entries were in the panel.CFG, they are. Clicked on the re-install pmdg 747 panel.cfg in the start manager. Clicked on re-install FS2Crew panel.cfg. The registry is fine, FS2Crew installed into the default FSX directory. Have the latest update for the Start Center, have the latest PMDG update. Fired up the sim, loaded PMDG 747, never got security notice to enable FS2Crew gauges on both installations. Started flight, 2D clickspots dont work, 3D clickspots dont work. :( So, everything is fine on my end... why is this program not working? I have the PMDG MD-11 version and I never had any problems...this version seems broken. I have already done all suggested fixes I could find in the forums for this problem as listed above. Help please or refund.

Hi,We have thousands of users who it works for so I'm sure it's something simple to fix.The gauges aren't being loaded it seems.Please email me your panel.cfg just so I can double check that the FS2Crew gauges are in fact on the panel.cfg.admin@fs2crew.comBest,

Guest Formula

I know enough to be able to open up a CFG file and see if their are certain files there or not... trust me the cfg files are there. If we can move on to fixing the problem or if you have any further suggestions that would be great.

Guest Formula

OK, just did some investigating, the CFG files are only in the passenger models of the 747 and are not in the cargo version which I was using. Is there anyway to get the installation to recognize the cargo version? Should I just copy and paste the CFG files fom one to the other? This is definitely the problem so lets work from that.

OK, just did some investigating, the CFG files are only in the passenger models of the 747 and are not in the cargo version which I was using. Is there anyway to get the installation to recognize the cargo version? Should I just copy and paste the CFG files fom one to the other? This is definitely the problem so lets work from that.
Yes, that's the problem there.We don't currently officially support the Cargo version. Only the pax model. Our plan is still to get a Cargo version out at some point in the future.You could copy the FS2Crew gauges and windows from the pax panel.cfg to the cargo panel.cfg.Just make sure all the #'s line up in the cfg.However, some of the switches on the overhead panel in the Cargo version are positioned differently than in the pax model.Therefore, some of the FO's simulated mouse clicks will not hit their mark owing to a few differences with the cargo version panel layout.But other than a few instances of that happening, the prouduct should be more or less function with the cargo model.Best,