Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLazarus

Cusco Review

Hi,I was just reading the review of Cusco and I agree with the reviewer on nearly all points.I live in Peru and visit Cusco frequently. I have many friends that are pilots for Lan Peru.MS seems to have excluded any detail from most of Latin America and Peru in particular. It is welcome relief to have some commercial airport software (finally)! As the reviewer stated, I would love to see Aerosoft quality scenery for Peru but I am sure economics dictate this is unlikely to happen. Developers??? !!! ??? "please?"Airport operation during the PM. Wind is a very major factor. During mid afternoon it changes direction so my pilot friends tell me sometimes they sit at the end of the runway waiting for conditions to move within limits, as the time window can be very short! Remember we are talking high altitude runway and mountainous terrain!When American brought a 757 into Cusco they had to redefine procedures due the "commit to land" altitude didn't meet with FAA regulations.Lan use A319's ( used to be 320's ) which are powerful enough but in the "good old days" it was all 727's ( not so many years ago! ).Anyway.. good to see developers turning towards Peru! Now Aerosoft.. how about SPIM???Sorry my post isn't very articulate.. it's just I am in a hurry!Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!