Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Saved flight not saving data

Hi, I am wondering why my MD11 starts in a cold and dark state when loading a saved flight mid-air (i.e. a saved approach)? Is this indicative of something being wrong with my install, or is it simply a missing feature with the product? Saved flights work perfectly with the 747 (well almost perfect at least). It helps me practice my landing skills :) I would really like to do the same with the MD11.Thanks in advance for your answers!

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Seeing that I havent gotten any replies yet, I think maybe I'll add some more info on the problem:It seems that when I start FSX and go directly to load flight (from the little window where you also pick your airplane, airport etc), and pick the approach save on the md11, it works fine. The panels light up and everything is configured as I had it when I saved the flight. However, when I try to load it again (within the game window: file -> load) after touching down, this is what happens:The cockpit is cold and dark, and pmdg options is not available - as in, it doesnt show up when I click it (its there, but nothing happens). When I click pmdg keyboard commands, I get the frame/window for the commands, but its blank. No commands at all. And when I open the pmdg load panelstate, its completely empty. I tried to save the panel state at this point, and tried to find it again, but still when I checked the load panel state it was completely empty.I have tried some variations to solve this (among other things Ive tried to load the save game back at the splash screen without exiting fsx completely), but it seems the only way around it is to completely exit fsx and do the above proceess as described (i.e. completely exit fsx and start over). It is a bit of a drag, so I'd love an easy solution to this, but of course I've come to learn with FSX there usually never is... So here is hoping to hear from you soon! :) Thanks!

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Seeing that I havent gotten any replies yet, I think maybe I'll add some more info on the problem:It seems that when I start FSX and go directly to load flight (from the little window where you also pick your airplane, airport etc), and pick the approach save on the md11, it works fine. The panels light up and everything is configured as I had it when I saved the flight. However, when I try to load it again (within the game window: file -> load) after touching down, this is what happens:The cockpit is cold and dark, and pmdg options is not available - as in, it doesnt show up when I click it (its there, but nothing happens). When I click pmdg keyboard commands, I get the frame/window for the commands, but its blank. No commands at all. And when I open the pmdg load panelstate, its completely empty. I tried to save the panel state at this point, and tried to find it again, but still when I checked the load panel state it was completely empty.I have tried some variations to solve this (among other things Ive tried to load the save game back at the splash screen without exiting fsx completely), but it seems the only way around it is to completely exit fsx and do the above proceess as described (i.e. completely exit fsx and start over). It is a bit of a drag, so I'd love an easy solution to this, but of course I've come to learn with FSX there usually never is... So here is hoping to hear from you soon! :) Thanks!
I believe that I have read somewhere about this problem. It seems that things will becorrupted if you try and load again.The thing to do is to close FSX and then open again and all will be ok.You can then re-load and saved files.Hope that helpsDavid

Thanks for replying, David. Ok, so I'm not the only one getting this. Do you get it yourself?And your solution is the one I already found, but was hoping to solve this altogether ;)
I read about it on this forum before I got both the 747 and MD11 so I havenever tried it.I don't mind exiting FMX and starting again -only a few minutes.Apart from that a re-start never does any harm.Hope it helps.David