Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bilbo

Cold & Dark Gauge.....Help!

I downloaded the Cold and Dark gauge. Supposedly, this gauge starts any aircraft. I followed directions and added to the gauge list in one of my panel configs and I found NO directions on how to use the gauge or what it looks like, or how to find it on the panel. I've looked and looked, and I certainly can't see any new gauge on the panel. What have I done wrong. Is there a trick to this? Stan

The gauge by Matthias Lieberecht is invisible or minute in size. It must reside in an aircraft panel within an unobstruvive portion of the panel. It is an item that shuts down, not starts, any running systems as follows.This gauge determines several conditions when it loads. If the engines and/or electrical system is up when the plane loads it shuts them down. There is a guard built in that shut down will not occur if the aircraft is not on the ground. The engines may briefly start but will shut down right away.The gauge is written in XML and I had to modify the code for a custom panel aircraft, not usually required.There are no user control functions with this gauge. There are no clickable items.The author has a relatively new web site at www.baepanelproject.com.You will see a thread on my modifications to that gauge that I started.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a "starting" gauge.I'll take the line out of my panel config then. Stan

Guest Bilbo

Why don't you just create a startup situation with the aircraft turned completely off? That's one of the first things that I do aftr installing FS.Bilbo