Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

TripleHead2Go : digital better than anolog ?

Hi all,At the moment I am able to use a borrowed anlog version with my 3 widescreen monitors.Because the analog edition has no support for widescreen resolutions I now have a resolution of 1024x3840.The image quality is good.If I would buy a digital verion that supports 1060x5040 (Matrox firmware update ) would it :a/ be much better in image quality ?b/ have much less frameratesHas anyone upgraded from analog to digital and knows this ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all,At the moment I am able to use a borrowed anlog version with my 3 widescreen monitors.Because the analog edition has no support for widescreen resolutions I now have a resolution of 1024x3840.The image quality is good.If I would buy a digital verion that supports 1060x5040 (Matrox firmware update ) would it :a/ be much better in image quality ?b/ have much less frameratesHas anyone upgraded from analog to digital and knows this ?
Gerrard- I believe that only Digital TH offers Bezel Width Correction of the images, between the monitors. This is important, in that it helps to properly integrate the three views into what your eyes and brain see as a single image.Every pixel displayed on your monitors has to be computed by a single CPU. Higher resolution = more pixels = reduced frame rate.I run triple views on 3 monitors @ 1024x768. Because these views are tightly integrated into "one", I see this as 3072x768 and it seems very comfortable. Certainly, higher frame rates are desirable, but with triple views appearing to be one, I think the gains from pursuing high res become somewhat marginal when you already have a "high" resolution from triple images.Alex Reid

Hi Alex,Luckily for me I have lcd monitors which have image adjustment for size too.I can drag the image left/right so the 3 images are "connected" to eachother.It looks like what the digital TH2Go is capable of.The FSx total imahge is very good.However when using IN I can see that som,e words are less sharp than when I used the digital DualH2Go in 1060x3350 resolution.I always thought that the GPU was responsible for calculating the pixels, not the cpu.

Hi Alex,Luckily for me I have lcd monitors which have image adjustment for size too.I can drag the image left/right so the 3 images are "connected" to eachother.It looks like what the digital TH2Go is capable of.The FSx total imahge is very good.However when using IN I can see that som,e words are less sharp than when I used the digital DualH2Go in 1060x3350 resolution.I always thought that the GPU was responsible for calculating the pixels, not the cpu.
Gerrard- The bezel correction I referred to is the adjustment in the angle of views L&RFwd to correspond to the width of the combined bezels separating the views. That is, the outer views are rotated a few degrees so that there is always a slice of scenery missing behind the bezels- just the same as there is always hidden scenery behind the windshield pillars of a car. I believe that digital TH2Go does this- although not customized to your exact monitors.My outer images are not dragged but the image starting angle is changed from 45