Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Need help with FS Repaint v2 fsx - won't save files.

I am a new user to FS Repaint v2 using with fsx. I downloaded the latest ver 2.22 from Abacus and went thru the short tutorial using the help feature. My problem is that Abacus has no support and my copy doesn't seem to save my repaints. When I complete a project and Save then close up FS Repaint, the new texture is not showing up in the FSX selection screen. It is there in FS Repaint when I load it up again, but not in FSX. Any ideas, other than REINSTALL or REBOOT, I have already tried this. Is there an additional step to saving other than SAVE? Any help would be appreciated.RayMar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I am a new user to FS Repaint v2 using with fsx. I downloaded the latest ver 2.22 from Abacus and went thru the short tutorial using the help feature. My problem is that Abacus has no support and my copy doesn't seem to save my repaints. When I complete a project and Save then close up FS Repaint, the new texture is not showing up in the FSX selection screen. It is there in FS Repaint when I load it up again, but not in FSX. Any ideas, other than REINSTALL or REBOOT, I have already tried this. Is there an additional step to saving other than SAVE? Any help would be appreciated.RayMar
Problem solved - Program must be installed by Administrator in win7 and files can only be saved when logged in as an Administrator. Duh! Of course, I still have not heard from Abacus on this issue. Just tried so many things that I finally got it right.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Problem solved - Program must be installed by Administrator in win7 and files can only be saved when logged in as an Administrator. Duh! Of course, I still have not heard from Abacus on this issue. Just tried so many things that I finally got it right.
Thanks for sharing the solution. With more and more W7 users, you are not the first, but most certainly won't be the last one bumping into this problem.

Guest FelixFFDS

More and more I'm convinced that programs, etc. should not be installed to the default "\Program Files" or Vista/Windows 7 equivalent, but to a separate folder altogether. To keep it "standard" you might want to install Flight Simulator and related modelling/utilites to a, say, FS_Stuff folder, "outside" the Administrator control.