Sign in to follow this  
hermit05

JS41 texture mapping

I have a nasty texture mapping issue doing a Sky Express repaint of the JS41.The problem is obvious in attached screen shot. The left hand nacelle has the same issue!I hope someone from the PMDG graphics team can help me find where this detail is hidden in the PMDG_J41_MasterT map, so I can correct the mis-mapping.BTW, I am using PSP X2 (I'd rather spend money on a trip to Tahiti then on Photoshop......)Hans Wilms

I have a nasty texture mapping issue doing a Sky Express repaint of the JS41.The problem is obvious in attached screen shot. The left hand nacelle has the same issue!I hope someone from the PMDG graphics team can help me find where this detail is hidden in the PMDG_J41_MasterT map, so I can correct the mis-mapping.BTW, I am using PSP X2 (I'd rather spend money on a trip to Tahiti then on Photoshop......)Hans Wilms
No picture ....

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

No picture ....
Don't know what happened, it was there when I first posted!From where I am, two solutions possible at the moment:- increase the size of the 'island' to fully cover the grill (un-realsitic)- try to figure out pixel by pixel the correct position to flip the texture mapping on the grill (could take ages)I wonder why the texture is flipped on the grill???Hans Wilms

Hi HansOne method, I was told of for tracking down wayward aircraft parts on a texture map was to make a new layer and to place a grid of alternating coloured lines vertically and horizontally spaced at say 5, then when you view the texture in FS it should give you a rough idea where to start looking for the component that you are after.In fact you don

Don't know what happened, it was there when I first posted!From where I am, two solutions possible at the moment:- increase the size of the 'island' to fully cover the grill (un-realsitic)- try to figure out pixel by pixel the correct position to flip the texture mapping on the grill (could take ages)I wonder why the texture is flipped on the grill???Hans Wilms
Still no picture. Try a JPG rather than a PNG.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg