Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff11

Best Traffic Add-On?

Guest Jeff11

OK, so I've been using WOAI, which seems good, but I'm wondering if any of the payware is better...I looks like UT2 and MyTraffic 5.2 (simmarket) version have gotten good reviews, so I'm wondering if they're worth it, and how they might be better than WOAI.I'd like the sim to be as realistic as possible...thx!p.s. running Win 7 x64

OK, so I've been using WOAI, which seems good, but I'm wondering if any of the payware is better...I looks like UT2 and MyTraffic 5.2 (simmarket) version have gotten good reviews, so I'm wondering if they're worth it, and how they might be better than WOAI.I'd like the sim to be as realistic as possible...thx!p.s. running Win 7 x64
I believe that UT2 is the best. It is the one that I use and seems to put plenty of aircraft into the sim even at just 25%. Don't expect to run a very large percentage of AI aircraft since they are very resource intensive.My computer is high end, but 25% is all I can run comfortably. UT2 seems to put a believable amount of aircraft in most airports at that. If you run over 70% they are flying on top of each other anyway. It seems like they are just too many.UT2 gives you easy control and if you see your lagging at an airport, you can just go into the menu and shut off the traffic or just clear the runway if your in a hurry to get going.MyTraffic has also come out with a MyTraffic light version for less cost that may be enough for most simmers.Bob

I went with TrafficX from Justflight. I had UT2 but ended up returning it. I did not like how UT2 paused the sim every time it needed to inject traffic. If I was watching AI or doing circuts around an airport the sim would pause for several seconds and then there would be a change in the traffic. I have also heard that when approaching a busy airport the pauses can get pretty bad. This is due to the fact that UT2 does not use the old .bgl style flight plans where traffic is loaded from one file. Instead they put traffic into the sim as it is running. There is supposed to be an update coming but the developer has not been responding in the forums. UT2 did give me more comercial traffic and more GA than TrafficX did - I suplimented my GA traffic with a neat freeware program called FSX GA traffic by Markus Brunner (available at Avsim). TrafficX also has military traffic and I thought those models looked better then the military models in Mytraffic. If the pauses don't bother you and you don't need militatry traffic, then UT2 may be the way to go. Flight1 has an awesome return policy so you can try it if you want. -hth

Guest Jeff11

I might try My Traffic 5.2b and see what happens....

FWIW, I get no obvious pauses with UT2. It runs very smoothly, and I have been thrilled with it. I also love the fact that the aircraft follow actual flightplans instead of just flying point to point like all the other traffic add-ons.

The only pauses I get with UT2 are when I first load the flight but I have jetways turned off.I think the jetways causes more issues than the traffic injection. I was checking out some airports last night at their peak times. AT LFPO on a Friday AM between 9 and 10 AM, almost all of the parking spaces were filled and I'm using a AIG afcad for the default airport - couldn't tell you how many spots is has. Anyway, my fps were pretty low after everything loaded. I can't imagine what kind of a pause it would cause if 200+ jetways moved in to position at the same time.The people at UT2 say that the upcoming patch will address the injection issue.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad