Sign in to follow this  
keephill

AI traffic-is it just me?

Is it just me, only I've had the full blown VOX ATC X with UK Enhancements (5.63) complete with voices for a while now, and I'm not particulary impressed, especially AI traffic. If only this product could work to FSX's default AI, or AI add ons, I'm sure it would be quite a good product. I was parked up at Southampton (UK) yesterday and witnessed a VOX AI plane landing on the main runway with a VOX AI plane back tracking on the same runway. There was no collision to speak of, the one flew straight through the other. The VOX slider for traffic is only set at 25%, as I experience quite regulary when advised to turn off to any intersection after landing, I'm faced with VOX AI jets coming straight at me on a collision course. When I'm parking up or going to a gate, just as I arrive another plane is cleared pushback & start, and would collide with me if I did not take avioding action. It's as if there is no 'avoidance' traffic procedures, almost as if I'm invisable to others while on the ground. I've noticed when VOX traffic does a 'go around', they fly about half a mile and then just disappear. GA traffic at small airfields are doing unrealistic circuits i.e. after take off within a few mins they are reporting downwind, and then a few more mins are reporting finals--complete circuits take less than 5 mins!Maybe I'm being too critical only I would have thought that obviously in order for VOX to work correctly they require integrated AI, they would have got this right straight away. VOXATC has been on the market for sometime, I'm disappointed that they have not got their AI right yet. As I said at the beginning is it just me, or do others have similar problems.Steve

I have VoxATC 5.63 as well and I do not see these traffic errors.I can think of the following situations that could cause these errors:1. FSX AI aircraft traffic sliders not set to zero.2. If you have an airport addon it may have separate traffic files.

I have VoxATC 5.63 as well and I do not see these traffic errors.I can think of the following situations that could cause these errors:1. FSX AI aircraft traffic sliders not set to zero.2. If you have an airport addon it may have separate traffic files.
Hi Michael,The FSX AI aircraft sliders are set to zero, and most of my British airports are add on's as I use UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 1& 2 or seperate Xtreme series. Perhaps I can review their configuration for AI. I take it you use defaults? I also take it that you are satisfied overall with the performance of VOX ATC.I have just found out about FS ++ Simulation's Multi Crew Enhancement software, which has excellent reviews, and you can use either FSX's default AI or add on's. The only problem is I don't fly jets (not yet anyway), I tend to fly GA up to Beechcraft's Duke/ DHC-6 Otter etc.Steve

Hi Michael,The FSX AI aircraft sliders are set to zero, and most of my British airports are add on's as I use UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 1& 2 or seperate Xtreme series. Perhaps I can review their configuration for AI. I take it you use defaults? I also take it that you are satisfied overall with the performance of VOX ATC.I have just found out about FS ++ Simulation's Multi Crew Enhancement software, which has excellent reviews, and you can use either FSX's default AI or add on's. The only problem is I don't fly jets (not yet anyway), I tend to fly GA up to Beechcraft's Duke/ DHC-6 Otter etc.Steve
Steve,I use those addons myself and I know some of them has AI traffic. I forgot to mention that I also use My Traffic 2010, but I'm not sure that would make a difference.I have had a look at MCE, but I do not like the interface to ATC and I can not use SID/STAR which I do all the time.

Steve,I use those addons myself and I know some of them has AI traffic. I forgot to mention that I also use My Traffic 2010, but I'm not sure that would make a difference.I have had a look at MCE, but I do not like the interface to ATC and I can not use SID/STAR which I do all the time.
Michael,I thought you could not use any other AI if you wished to use VOX?Steve

Michael,I thought you could not use any other AI if you wished to use VOX?Steve
You can use anyone you like, Steve.

You can use anyone you like, Steve.
Yes, I take your point about using any AI add on, but what I really meant to say is that VOX will not interact with MS default, or any AI add on, that's why VOX has its own. Is this correct Micheal?Steve

Yes, I take your point about using any AI add on, but what I really meant to say is that VOX will not interact with MS default, or any AI add on, that's why VOX has its own. Is this correct Micheal?Steve
Steve,To be precise, if you have a Traffic addon installed, VoxATC will use the schedules from that addon to create AI traffic. So in fact you could say that the Traffic addon is not in control, VoxATC is.So I still think you have a traffic conflict somewhere. At which airport are you seeing these errors?

Steve,To be precise, if you have a Traffic addon installed, VoxATC will use the schedules from that addon to create AI traffic. So in fact you could say that the Traffic addon is not in control, VoxATC is.So I still think you have a traffic conflict somewhere. At which airport are you seeing these errors?
I take it that when VOX uses the schedules for Traffic addons it uses its own aircraft and not the various aircraft and liveries which normally comes with these addons?. So in your case with your AI addon, have you 'X''d out all the supplied aircraft?. As you mentioned before my traffic conflicts are due to the addon airport's own AI traffic.Steve

I take it that when VOX uses the schedules for Traffic addons it uses its own aircraft and not the various aircraft and liveries which normally comes with these addons?. So in your case with your AI addon, have you 'X''d out all the supplied aircraft?. As you mentioned before my traffic conflicts are due to the addon airport's own AI traffic.Steve
No, VoxATC use schedules, aircrafts, liveries as supplied by the Traffic addon.When I say airport addons own traffic, I mean that sometimes airport addons comes with their own traffic file and that may be the cause of your problems.I have seen this done with 'GA airport' addons.

No, VoxATC use schedules, aircrafts, liveries as supplied by the Traffic addon.When I say airport addons own traffic, I mean that sometimes airport addons comes with their own traffic file and that may be the cause of your problems.I have seen this done with 'GA airport' addons.
Michael,Thanks for sorting out these issues for me. I have not got any AI addons presently. Would you recommend 'My Traffic 2010' as it obviously works with VOX ATC ok?Steve

Michael,Thanks for sorting out these issues for me. I have not got any AI addons presently. Would you recommend 'My Traffic 2010' as it obviously works with VOX ATC ok?Steve
I think many Traffic addons work fine with VOxATC.MYT 2010 creates traffic at 'mainstream' airports so to speak and its great for me. If you need traffic at smaller airports perhaps even military you should get My Traffic X 5.2 as it covers almost anything.

I think many Traffic addons work fine with VOxATC.MYT 2010 creates traffic at 'mainstream' airports so to speak and its great for me. If you need traffic at smaller airports perhaps even military you should get My Traffic X 5.2 as it covers almost anything.
Michael,Sorry about the delay in replying, only I've been away for a few days. Thanks for the info again, I'll do some research on these AI addons.Steve