Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Ultimate Traffic or FS Traffic 2002?

Guest AndrewJM

Hi folksJust a quick question on what AI package people would recommend from the two above. I have seen a number of posts recommending Ultimate Traffic but I can't seem to find it on CD anywhare (just a download which I don't want). I'm not bothered about detail to the nth degree just a simple to use, well supported program which adds life to the flying environment and comes as a proper boxed product. Any advice would be gratefully received.Many thanks, Andy(EGNX)

I have not used FS Traffic, but UT is great. It will be available on CD as soon as they get the patch done they are working on and are happy with it. To me, this looks to be a week or two out yet. Then allow time for CD duplication and so on. I highly recommend UT. I know you are not looking for exact detail, but it is my understanding that you will find more activity in UT as it uses real flight schedules, while UT uses an approximation and therefor any airport with traffic had to be mannually set up by either the designers or the end user. Again from my UT experience, it allows you to change or add paint schemes, plane types and even flights. Perhaps FS Traffic does as well, but I don't know. I believe FS Traffic offers a limited trial version, so you may want to check it out.Tony

Guest product

I just downloaded UT this week and am fairly impressed. Great, smooth install, no problems without a CD but I understand your feeling there.Only problem I've ofund is that it applies to major airports only- there are many smaller airports I'd like to add commuter and GA traffic to, but I don't think it lets you edit airports outside its database.Am I wrong about this?Best,Joel

I really can't imagine anything being better than UT - it's phenomenal in how large the variety of flights are - almost all scehduled flights worldwide are included...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest AndrewJM

Thanks guys - I was getting the impression UT was a more rounded product but now its confirmed. I'll wait till the CD comes out and buy in early August with FS2004. Roll on the Autumn nights!!!Cheers, Andy (EGNX)