Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

Seneca Engine Damage

I would like to post this in the FSD Forum but it is blocking my attempts. Not to worry. In my load manager for the Seneca the engine hours do not seem to increase by the same time the engines run in FS ? If the flight is one hour the time shown in the load manager usually increases by a much smaller amount. Sometimes the total engine hours does not increase at all. My theory so far is that something I do in FS might "flow on". Has anyone else noted this ?

Guest freequest

Thats simple :) engine hours on aircraft are not based on fixed hours of use they are based on the RPM the engine is doing so if you run at high RPM you will get 1 engine hour faster than if you were running at a low RPM.In the GA world some operatiors to save mainternace money run at a lower RPM...:)

BenI am familiar with what you are saying, as is the case with many engine time gauges, on many machines. On some occasions it has been zero after one hour + in the air. I'll bet Qantas would save some maintenance dollars with gauges like that.

Guest freequest

O i see...Sorry well thats another problem alltoghter.. there is one more service patch out for the senaca V maybe that would help you out..