Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Long time sdupporter new to ASA though

HelloFew questions,1. haze layer cured as opposed to weird looking fsx?2.Overcast possible with no holes in the sky, if so how many cloud layers are recommended to achieve it?3.Fsuipc, do i need to buy the registered version for wind smoothing, or does ASA provide smooth winds?4. I hear alot of people say, "if setup correctly ASA will work" Are there default settings, is there a guide to setup for specific systems?5. Are pireps available on a guage or kneepad within fsx, or an outside of sim website or tool?6.Is there a interface to load before launching fsx as in the past with 6.5? Or can i just fly my plan without a hitch in telling asa where im going and the real weather will automatically appear?7. Lastly can I install all ASA files on my c drive, or does it have to be on my dedicated fsx drive? I see it can be networked with another computer but by having it on the same pc, what is the best way to install it for it to be smooth on the frames and simple and clean on my hard drive for easy access.ThanksIf it mattersI have an i7 920 @ 4.2 ghz3x2gb 1600 mhzGtx 285 with nhancerWin 7 64 bitFsx with a few add ons Lvld 767 fs2crewUT2

Hi,1. You can disable the haze layer on the Visibility Options Tab on the Options screen.2. 20 layers.3. In ASA, DWC will smooth out most shifts. If however you have wind sensitive planes then a registered version of FSUIPC is used where you can manually control the shifts. Then DWC is turned off in ASA.4. Default settings are when you first install ASA. There is no guide from us because we are interfacing with 2 FS versions and too many hardware/software combinations to write such a guide.5. No, just on the Met/Reps screen in ASA.6. Start ASA first just as before, enter a general plan and start FS. Of you don't enter a plan, ASA will still provide yoou with the weather data.7. On any hard drive is fine.Keep 'em coming!Thanks,

Hi,Just get ASV6.5 installed. If you need a single download link, you need to drop me an e-mail. jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,

Hi,Just get ASV6.5 installed. If you need a single download link, you need to drop me an e-mail. jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,
Hi JimIts done purchased!!I installed 6.5 and it didnt work so i went with v6 and then asa, it seemed to install ok, i had bsod with 6.5 so not sure, win 7 didnt like it.It also crashed once can i simply reinstall with 6.5 off of my system or do i need to install v6 everytime?Btw was there alot of enhancements brought in with ASA? Only after i installed it, i read that 6.5 would work with fsx? Is this true?Also winds not consistent, im always showing 1 knot anywhere and the airport i tested shows another station in the x gauge compared to the wx station of the airport.I get some minor graphical issues with the mini windows in asa, when something overlaps.

Hi,I will respond to your PM in a little bit.Yes, only the weather portion of ASV6.5 will work with FSX as long as you have FSUIPC 4 installed. Weather Radar and ASG will not work.Thanks,