Sign in to follow this  
shmu40

Help with newly built PC

Hello I have just finished building my new pc and I have installed FSX, as you can see from my specs I believe it to be quite good, mainly everything is ok but one of the problems I am experiencing is that I am seeing a tearing effect visually, whether i'm sat in the cockpit view or the external view. I started of by installing the latest drivers 195.62, but believing that to be the problem i went bak to 191.07 but I still seen the same thing, also, what i notice is the plane appears to have a leaping effect, as if the game has been paused for a split second and then unpaused, you mainly see this when panning around the plane in the external mode, on the odd occasion i am also expieriencing several spikes comming up from the ground textures. I used Nhacer to set things up rather than the default Nvidia panel. It's always difficult to explain the problems i feel so i hope i have done my best and you understand the problems i am expieriencing. Regards ShaunWindows 7 Home PremierI7 920 2.66 Intel Processor8800 Ultra MSI Graphics card6 gig DDR3 1600 RAMGigabyte X58 Extreme Mother board

Guest FxF3

You have a memory problem. Thats what can cause the giant spikes.Do you have anyway to check your memory to see if all your sticks are working?Also did you install the 64bit version of windows 7. I know my Win7 has two DVDs one 64 one 32. Thats all I can think off unless the the 8800 died on you when you switched it over to your new system, some times memory can go on the video card also.

Hi When I was building I was carefull about putting the memory in. After getting it up and running with one stick, checking the system information to see that it was there, then added the two other sticks and they also appeared. With the graphics card, I dont know how I would check that, it appears to be running?. Will keep probing. Thanks ShaunWindows 7 Home Premier 64 BitI7 920 2.66 Intel Processor8800 Ultra MSI Graphics card6 gig DDR3 1600 RAMGigabyte X58 Extreme Mother board