Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike707

Wohoo! finally got wing view on second monitor !

hi all,i downloaded directX 9 and installed in my flightsim computer, i have two monitors and i always wanted to have my right monitor to have exclusive views as a 'passenger' sitting next to the wing.I tried undocking the wing view and placed it to my second monitor, it worked fine, but the frame rates went from 20 to 2, so i thought oh well nothing i can do about it unless i had a second computer and used wide view.Anyway i installed directx 9 and booted up fs2002, i then went to my graphics section and changed the resolution from 1024x768 to 2048x768, i then went into flightsim pressed the "[" key and got another view, so i dragged this view to my second monitor and then i configured so i was seeing over the wings, then i went back to the first monitor and pressed the "w" key to get my main panel, and to my suprise there was no frame rate drops, now i am locked at 20 frames with a right wing view on my right monitor and main panel on the other one, and boy now i can taxi takeoff cruise and land with two views, one passenger and one pilot!!! i am now cruising between lax and sfo as my test run,This is awesome stuff, i am so happy, now all i need is another monitor to get my left wing view!By the way i am using FFX 737, so i dont know if it is possible to do this with other planes likes PMDG 737.And remember there is no frame rate drop and no other computers or additional software!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Mike707

That is great to hear. I have been looking to have multiple monitors for some time and it looks that Direct x 9 helps out a lot.