Sign in to follow this  
ianoakrhind

Cockpit Call-Out Volumes

Could someone please advise me as to how I can increase the volume of the cockpit call outs (V Speeds and RadAlt calls).In the FS9 Sound settings, I have Engines at 30, Cockpit 85 and Environment 60.In the PMDG/Sound menu, I have everything ticked and the slider at 70.With the above settings, the Call-Outs are barely audible above the engine noise and ATC chatter.Many thanksIan Oak-Rhind

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

Hello Ian if you are using xp you can alter the wav file volumes go to programs/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder/file (choose wav file)/effects and raise the volume, with vista you need to download a freeware program that I've forgotten the name of.Hope that worksregards Jim

Very many thanks Jim! You are absolutely correct............Here's how it works (in XP):Start > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound RecorderOpen the required .wav fileEffects > Increase or Decrease volumeSave fileThe filename of the Sound Recorder utility, if you need to start it another way, is sndrec32.exeAll very simple and easy........when you know how!RegardsIan

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

Hello Ian if you are using xp you can alter the wav file volumes go to programs/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder/file (choose wav file)/effects and raise the volume, with vista you need to download a freeware program that I've forgotten the name of.Hope that worksregards Jim
Any way you could lead me to the corresponding utility for VISTA? I need to increase the volume of my runway rollout/touchdown sounds. Thanks.Chakko.

Any way you could lead me to the corresponding utility for VISTA? I need to increase the volume of my runway rollout/touchdown sounds. Thanks.Chakko.
Chakko I believe the free utility is called 'audacity' and a google search should find it.regards Jim

Chakko I believe the free utility is called 'audacity' and a google search should find it.regards Jim
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have downloaded the utility and will be trying it out soon. Thanks again, Jim.