Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

flying with 2 monitors spanned

hi all,i am experimenting with my 2 monitors using fs2002. There is another great trick if you have a Geforce 3 or 4 card and using the nview with the drivers, you can span across 2 monitors and get a huge gigantic view, like i have 2 monitors at 17" therefore i am getting 34" horizontal, at 2048 x 768, it looks really good,however the 2d cockpit looks abit cheesy but the wing views looks a treat!however the drawback is that in external view, spot view, the plane is center of the screen and partially hidden from the 2 monitor frames.I am wondering if anyone else plays fs2002 like this, the sim spanned across 2 monitors? Do you like it? Or do you think 1 21 inch monitor is better?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,i have a 2 monitor setup but not spanned as yours.Mine is a 21" for the 3d views and a 17" for additional gauges. Works great. With FS2004 coming up the 3D views will push the old 2D cockpits out of view so to speak so spanning a view across 2 monitors will be difficult. As you probably know, using a 2 monitor setup for 3D viewing is only possible (at least when you want normal framerates) with 2 PC's connected using wideview. And that requires a bit more cash...So i'd go for a 21" (or an LCD 18" if your budget is up to it) as your main view. With FS2004's clickable 3D-cockpits an extra monitor might be obsolete. But i'll stick to mine, in the reviews i haven't seen any comment yet about the way it works.Cheers,Cas

well i am using 2 17" spanned across the two with no frame rate problems, perhaps 2 or 3, i have it set to 2048 X 768, works like a treat.