Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

Falcon 50 Downloads

Guest Joe

I really should be in bed by now.....shame on me! But, I've been busy flying! Decided to have a sandwich before bed. While eating, I parked myself in the site library with the Falcon 50 download in my screen. I noticed that there had been 1,570 downloads. So I began punching the refresh button. In about 5 minutes the total downloads had risen to around 1,630. I wonder how many will have been transfered in a 24 hour period? Let's see....a 16.4 Mb download x 1,630 is allot of data passing through the lines. How do they figure bandwidth usage?

Hey Joe, is that not the absolute best airplane for Flight Simulator ever made? At least, that is what I think. And that wizard, Rob Young, has made an incredible flight model, ultra stable and very close to the true performance.Are you using the regular or the "light" model?Best regards.Luis

Guest Joe

Luis,Yes! It it is the best. Someone will have to work long and hard to top what they have done. What a contribution it is! I usually fly around in the light model...when I have friends in for a Caviar and Champaign flight over New Orleans, I pull out the "full blown" version. heh heh! It's Ok to put Caviar on a soda cracker, huh?Joe

Guest Matt Johnson

Well, through the magic of the Library system, I can tell you that as of now (1750 EST), there have been 5,423 downloads of the Falcon 50 since midnight Eastern.5,423 x 16.4 = 88.9Gig of bandwidth. Yes, folks, that's a lot.How do we do it? Smoke, mirrors, too much cable and lots of voodoo magic! :-lol--M

Guest RiddlePilot

And there will be one more once I get my new rig and back to college where we've got T1. I'm at home for the break on 56K and connected at about 36.:'(

luis or any one else;i have downloaded the falcon 50 and it does fly beautifully. however, the panl is missing most of the key gauges: rmi, hsi, weather radar, dme, trim indicator altimeter adi. theadi is present and operational, as are all of the annunciators, and the engine gauges.i have fs 2002 standard addition and my computer is powerful enough to handle everything. i wonder if it is an incompatibility between the falcon model for fs2002 professional and my standard, or if tthe missiing gauges are missing from the download.any thoughts or suggestions?steve

My goodness, Steve, how did you ever come across this old thread? Do you spend your free time reading the forum achives?Your problem is due to Microsoft's very silly policy of selling a Standard version of Flight Simulator that only differs from the "Professional" version in that it is missing a few aircraft.As it happens, Yannick's Falcon 50 (and many other add-on aircraft) uses the gauges from the Mooney and the KingAir, both of which are only available in the "Professional" version. If you have the Flight Simulator 2000 Professional version, you could try placing the relevant gauges in your Flight Simulator 2002 Gauge folder.You could also send a message to Microsoft complaining of this silliness. And do purchase the "Professional" version of the next Flight Simulator.Please do not hesitate to read the instructions included in the Falcon 50 package - they answer most questions one could have.And you can also consult the official Conservatoire de l'Air et de l'Espace d'Aquitaine (CAEA) web site at:http://caea.free.fr/indexen.htmlwhere you will find the "Frequently Asked Questions" (and the responses) plus lots more fascinating stuff.Best regards.Luis(I seem to remember that some one - perhaps Microsoft - has placed the Mooney gauges, perhaps the Concorde and KingAir as well, on some site. You might try searching the Microsoft sites and the major libraries.)