Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

Am I Reading This Correctly?

The new Fairchild Dornier is 35MB?? Can anyone tell me if this is worth the download time? For some reason I'm getting only 13.3KB/sec so I have to restart my internet. I hope the speed goes up. But 35MB?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:-eek:-eek:-eek 214 MEGS??? :-eek:-eek:-eekI'll install it but I don't know if I'll want to keep it.

Its a huge file but also partly a disappointment.

I saw the file and having DSL and a new 120 gig second HD I thought I would check it out, I figured with that size, it has got to be extraordinary!!!Initial reaction, needs work on the texturing, kinda sloppy, funny how a majority of the size is the textures. The design is nice, if you are looking for this specific aircraft it might be for you, I wasn't. Has all the usual eye candy plus a fully virtual interior, which was modelled nicely. Considering the detail in the model the FPS were not that bad. I am still trying to see what makes up the 200+ mb file size!!! All in all, unless you are a huge fan of this particular aircraft and have plenty of HD space, I would wait for V2.Excuse me while I go defrag! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

I saw the DL size of the 728 and about fainted.... I'll have to pass on being on dial-up. If it were an in-production aircraft, I might've considered it. But as far as I know, the project got stalled due to financial issues, and no news has come whether an investor will pickup where Fairchild left off...-John