Sign in to follow this  
Cativo

Fiumicino missing buildings

I recently "upgraded" to FSX Deluxe. Reinstalled all my addons and everything looked fine until I went to Fiumicino (LIRF), Rome. All the buildings are missing, I tried repairing but that didn't work. I took a look with ADE and it shows no building at all, just the jetways. Any ideas on how to fix this?

You have any external afcads installed for that area?The reason I ask is because I had the same thing happen to me and it was because I had installed the WOAI military packages and they placed some FS9 afcads in FSX that affected some of my Italian airports. My Fiumicino aiport also had missing buildings until I hunted down the WOAI installed afcad and once I removed it I was back to normal.Hope that helps.Edit: It could be from the Italian Tornados package.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You have any external afcads installed for that area?The reason I ask is because I had the same thing happen to me and it was because I had installed the WOAI military packages and they placed some FS9 afcads in FSX that affected some of my Italian airports. My Fiumicino aiport also had missing buildings until I hunted down the WOAI installed afcad and once I removed it I was back to normal.Hope that helps.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Let us know if that works. Hopefully it will. I was stumped when it happened to me and took me days to figure it out. Thats the bad part of using an FS9 afcad in FSX.:(

Guest LCSims
...I took a look with ADE and it shows no building at all, just the jetways. Any ideas on how to fix this?
1. Update your copy of ADE. You're a few versions behind.2. Buildings show based upon the density setting in use, both in sim and ADE. You have ADE set to NORMAL, change that to EXTREMELY DENSE and see if the buildings show. Might also apply to in sim. Very few default structures display at NORMAL or lower and a very large amount require VERY DENSE or EXTREMELY DENSE settings.

1. Update your copy of ADE. You're a few versions behind.2. Buildings show based upon the density setting in use, both in sim and ADE. You have ADE set to NORMAL, change that to EXTREMELY DENSE and see if the buildings show. Might also apply to in sim. Very few default structures display at NORMAL or lower and a very large amount require VERY DENSE or EXTREMELY DENSE settings.
I deleted all woai just to be sure, but no change. I have FSX set to dense, tried other airports and they were fine. Plus like I said I can only see the jetways which only show on dense up. I'm at work now, so I have to wait to try anything else. Hopefully it's just that one airport.

I deleted all woai just to be sure, but no change. I have FSX set to dense, tried other airports and they were fine. Plus like I said I can only see the jetways which only show on dense up. I'm at work now, so I have to wait to try anything else. Hopefully it's just that one airport.
When you deleted your WOAI did you do it using the WOAI installer?I am going to go reinstall the Italian Tornados package so I can see where the afcad is placed. Off the top of my head I can't remember where WOAI puts it. I am pretty sure that when you uninstalled WOAI that the afcad is still there and is causing your problem. I have the same exact problem. I will check it out and post back.

Ok, I just installed that package and it places all the afcads in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. If you open that folder look and see if you have any bgls that are titled MAIW_exc_xxx.bgl or afcads titled MAIW_xxxx_default.bgl. If you do those are what you need to delete.This is important because when I ran the WOAI uninstaller to take the package out of my system the afcads still remained.So I would be will to bet that they are still in your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. Once you delete them you should be fine. Also make sure that there are no FS9 style traffic bgl's left in your Scener/World/Scenery folder.Going forward when you install WOAI packages into FSX and the pop up asks you if you want to install AFCAD's you should say no. That way you can avoid this in the future.Report back and let me know if that fixed it.

Hey GuysIts not an actual AF2 file you are looking for, its an exclude which erroneously wipes out Fiume's buildings - if i remember correctly if you remove the file below from FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery your Fiume terminals/building will reappear (I think it also affects parts of Ciampino or Urbe airports too):MAIW_exc_LIRE_Practica di MareHope that helps - it took me an age to suss this one out some months back and i'm now going off memory!!!! - you may have to produce/amend the LIRE "afcad" yourself - as it will now have trees/buildings etc scattered about the taxiways/runways without the exclude but its simple enough with ADERegardsSteveNB - if its not the LIRE exclude, its definitely one of the other excludes that the Italian Tornado package installs rather than one of the actual AFCAD's

Yeah I remeber when I first installed FSX and WOAI I have the same problem as the original poster. It took me a few days to figure out that those afcads and exc files that WOAI was installing were messing up a few of the Italian airports. For whatever reason the WOAI installer wont remove them when you delete the package.

Going forward when you install WOAI packages into FSX and the pop up asks you if you want to install AFCAD's you should say no. That way you can avoid this in the future.
Yeah I always follow this bit of advice now too - the fs9 "afcads" are often at slightly different positions/co-ordinates to the default fsx "afcads" and usually cause some sort of building/tree/misc conflict in fsx.Its simple enough to check which afcads the WOAI package WOULD have installed (from the read-me) and either search for ready made afcads at AVSIM etc, or create your own with ADE from the fsx default if there isn't one in the file library.RegardsSteve

It worked! Thank you! stevem72 was right there's no afcad file for LIRF, I just deleted everything you said cmpbellsjc. I'll be more careful with woai from now on!

Glad it worked for you. Sorry I wasn't more specific in telling you there wasn't an actual afcad for LIRF and that it was also the excludes. That's what I was trying to convey in my post about deleting files like MAIW_exc_xxx.bgl. Anyways, glad you got it fixed.