Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

FS2004 G/S Acquisition

This may have been buried in the few dozen threads on FS2004, but I wanted it known that FS2004 can aquire the G/S from above as well as below. Don't know whether this is consistent with real practice, but the functionality that was once in FS2000 has been restored. I used it with great success, and in some light chop, on approach into KIAH last night... The sim held the G/S well even coming into the G/S clean, and having flaps and gear lowered during the final.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, I do not have an answer to your question, But I also have a question relating to yours, kinda.Why would a glideslope pull you back up, if you are already below it? Your altitude hold should keep you at that altitude you are already at and then when you came into the glideslope you would then begin decending, on the "GLIDE" "SLOPE."I do not know about ILS, and I just a student pilot. It would be nice to see a good answer on Johns question and mine.BTW, I never have any trouble with the ILS or LOC in FS2002.Thanks,Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

Solid! Now for sure, first day its released, fearlessly to snap up my copy.

Paul--Actually, my post wasn't a question, but a statement of the way GS/APR hold now works in FS2004 as I was involved with testing and have since been discussing the gold release here and in the screenshots forum.

FYI, it's not standard procedure to intercept the GS from above (even though I once had a center controller do it to me). Part of the reason is because it requires a higher rate of descent, and resulting excess speed, to intercept and get established. Also, I've been told, the ground-based GS transmitter is designed to provide a nice clean, flat profile on the "bottom" of the electronic cone. However the "top" of the cone is subject to some "fuzziness" and waviness, which can give false indications when trying to intercept from above.Dan