Sign in to follow this  
Guest realatp

GPS APP FMS and Navigraph

Guest realatp

I'm flying to a remote field in FTX, the WX is getting low and I'd rather fly the Instrument App, but the Airport doesn't have VOR NDB or an ILS, but its does have a GPS App, just not in the Navigraph database (go figure). So.....I was wondering, if I could 'build' a GPS approach withing the FMS, in the form of Coordinates. So ATOC (IF) is S42.33.2 E77.24.2 and I could put all the waypoints in like that using coordinates and then putting in the 'Alt Const' into the VNAV Calculator of the FMS. Is this possible? Obvsioulsy the Navigraph database won' have the Approach waypoints in there so I can build them. This wouldn't happen in real life (you'd get fired) but I want to be able to get into and out of different fields in FTX with tyher JS41 when the wether gets marginal. Anyways can this be done? Is so how do I enter coordinates inot the FMS, whats the format. Thanks.

This is possible. In your flightplan enter the name of the waypoint (ATOC in your case). The FMS does not recognize this waypoint and presents you a screen to enter the coordinates of the waypoint. Type S42332 press ENTER and type E77242 and press Enter again. I'm doing a fsx reinstall at the moment so I can't check this, but I'm pretty sure this will work.

Guest realatp
This is possible. In your flightplan enter the name of the waypoint (ATOC in your case). The FMS does not recognize this waypoint and presents you a screen to enter the coordinates of the waypoint. Type S42332 press ENTER and type E77242 and press Enter again. I'm doing a fsx reinstall at the moment so I can't check this, but I'm pretty sure this will work.
Thanks Man, good luck with your install