--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I also posted this in Saitek Forums:Hope someone can help:I purchased my Pro Flight Yoke System about two yrs ago. Operated it under Windows XP PRO 32bit okey. Everything performed smoothly. About 3 weeks ago I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64bit and added more Ram 6Gigs. The first Flt with FSX was OK. However the second time when I plugged in my Pro Flight Yoke Sys to my USB ports on top of my computer, immediately the screen goes black. The cpu was still running. I tried clicking around, nothing. I tried Ctl-Alt-del, nothing. I then shut the computer down and rebooted. After rebooting I noticed that all the USB ports were dead. I then called "Tower House Computers", they are the ones that built my system, and they said bring it in. I took the CPU and my Yoke system, both the Yoke and the Throttle system. They tried the Pro Flight Yoke Sys on their computers and it did the same thing. Worked with it for awhile and discovered that if they shut the power off in the back of the computer, via a toggle switch, (if you just unpluged the power cord you could accomplish the same thing,) and then rebooted, the USB ports were back on line and the Pro Flight Yoke Sys works again. However it did the same thing again both on their machine and on mine. They couldn't find a solution as to what was causing the problem other than maybe a faulty connection with the Throttles to the yoke system via the canon plug maybe loose. Or maybe the need to power the Pro Flight Yoke Sys via the power access in back of the Yoke System instead of powering from the computer.I returned home and booted up and carefully reconnected the Pro Flight Yoke Sys to my computer with success. Did a flight with FSX, then shut down my computer. No problems. That was last night. This morning I attempted to plug in the Pro Flight Yoke Sys and the moment that the plug touched the metal on the usb port it did the same as before. Black screen, CPU still running. I powered down the computer, switched off the toggle switch in the back, and after about 10 sec rebooted the computer. The USB ports are now back on line. However I'm reluctant to reconnect the Pro Flight Yoke Sys now. Sorry for the long explanation. Hopefully someone can help. I have a Saitek Stick and Thottle sys x52 I think it is, that I may try out. I really love the Pro Flight Yoke Sys and would hate to loose it.Hope all this may help someone else.RegardsHarryPSI also downloaded and installed:Saitek_Pro_Flight_Yoke_SD6_00000039_64_Drivers_pfw .exeAndSaitek_SST_Software_64.exe--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I also posted this in Saitek Forums:Hope someone can help:I purchased my Pro Flight Yoke System about two yrs ago. Operated it under Windows XP PRO 32bit okey. Everything performed smoothly. About 3 weeks ago I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64bit and added more Ram 6Gigs. The first Flt with FSX was OK. However the second time when I plugged in my Pro Flight Yoke Sys to my USB ports on top of my computer, immediately the screen goes black. The cpu was still running. I tried clicking around, nothing. I tried Ctl-Alt-del, nothing. I then shut the computer down and rebooted. After rebooting I noticed that all the USB ports were dead. I then called "Tower House Computers", they are the ones that built my system, and they said bring it in. I took the CPU and my Yoke system, both the Yoke and the Throttle system. They tried the Pro Flight Yoke Sys on their computers and it did the same thing. Worked with it for awhile and discovered that if they shut the power off in the back of the computer, via a toggle switch, (if you just unpluged the power cord you could accomplish the same thing,) and then rebooted, the USB ports were back on line and the Pro Flight Yoke Sys works again. However it did the same thing again both on their machine and on mine. They couldn't find a solution as to what was causing the problem other than maybe a faulty connection with the Throttles to the yoke system via the canon plug maybe loose. Or maybe the need to power the Pro Flight Yoke Sys via the power access in back of the Yoke System instead of powering from the computer.I returned home and booted up and carefully reconnected the Pro Flight Yoke Sys to my computer with success. Did a flight with FSX, then shut down my computer. No problems. That was last night. This morning I attempted to plug in the Pro Flight Yoke Sys and the moment that the plug touched the metal on the usb port it did the same as before. Black screen, CPU still running. I powered down the computer, switched off the toggle switch in the back, and after about 10 sec rebooted the computer. The USB ports are now back on line. However I'm reluctant to reconnect the Pro Flight Yoke Sys now. Sorry for the long explanation. Hopefully someone can help. I have a Saitek Stick and Thottle sys x52 I think it is, that I may try out. I really love the Pro Flight Yoke Sys and would hate to loose it.Hope all this may help someone else.RegardsHarryPSI also downloaded and installed:Saitek_Pro_Flight_Yoke_SD6_00000039_64_Drivers_pfw .exeAndSaitek_SST_Software_64.exe--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you simply leave the yoke plugged in? How about plugging it in before bootup? This doesn't necessarily sound like a W7 issue, but I don't know. . I have W7 64 bit and I don't ever unplug the yoke. No problems.

Just to give you an update. I connected the Pro Flight Yoke System to my computer before booting up and everything went great. No problems. A one hour flight. When the flight was overwith I shut down the computer before disconnecting the Pro Flight Yoke System. I will try the same thing later on today. If all goes well that may be the answer. Keep our fingers crossed.Harry

If you are in shortage of USB access concider a hub for all the other stuff, so you can leave the yoke plugged for good.

That is an idea, however my space is limited. It might not work. I'll try to rearrange some things.Thanks for your suggestion.Harry

If you are in shortage of USB access concider a hub for all the other stuff, so you can leave the yoke plugged for good.
Do not forget to get hub with external power. This might save you a lot of time.

Do not forget to get hub with external power. This might save you a lot of time.
I did as you said, with external power, and it works like a charm so far. Thanks again. :( Harry