Sign in to follow this  
flymbo

Convert bitmaps to BGL

I hope I am putting this in the right forum.  I am wanting to use ADE to place aircraft at KBRO but the ones I want to use have no bgl file and ADE can not use them.  Is their a way I can create a bgl or some other way I can use ADE to place aircraft that have no bgl?  Thanks in advance.

Regards

oldfunflyer

Replying to a 6 year old thread is not the best way, better to use the Start New Topic at the top of the forum.

I hope I am putting this in the right forum.  I am wanting to use ADE to place aircraft at KBRO but the ones I want to use have no bgl file and ADE can not use them.  Is their a way I can create a bgl or some other way I can use ADE to place aircraft that have no bgl?  Thanks in advance.

Regards

oldfunflyer

Are these aircraft already exported as scenery objects, or are they flyable or AI aircraft?

If they are flyable or AI then I think it's best to convert them to scenery objects first. A good tool for that is Static Aircraft Model Maker: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=SAMM

If they are already set up as scenery objects but you have MDL files instead of BGL's, you can add the .MDL file directly via the ADE Lists menu as explained in the manual in the User Models section, or you can add the MDLs to a BGL library using Library Creator XML: http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/library-creator-xml.86/

Barry Friedman