Sign in to follow this  

FPS on touchdown

Could anyone please offer an explanation as to why immediately on touchdown my frame rates drop from a fairly constant 18-20 fps to around 7-8fps. Also during decelaration down the runway frame rates vary wildly between around 2.5 to 12 making the aircraft appear to 'kangaroo' down the runway and almost impossible to control. I tend to mostly use the Dreamfleet 737 with default scenery.System specs. Athlon 1900XP+ 512mb pc2100 ram, 128mb Radeon 8500Thanks,Pete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Depending on the level of detail you have set with FS I find this is mostly because your loading a more detailed view of the airport. All those gates, buildings and traffic etc require processing power thus momentarily lowering your frames. Even at airports like the default JFK (very poorly rendered) I notice a drop in FPS at touchdown to taxi.Maybe a scenery expert could chime in on how exactly FS handles all those little details at the airports.

Had the same problem and it turned out to be my force feedback joystick.. you have one ? disbale the force feedback part in the setup menu of fs and maybe your problem is solvedb rdgs Dick

Yep, that's the problem. I have a ms ff pro (the old one). Disabled the force feedback as you suggested and frame rates on touchdown never changed.Many thanks, I'd never have thought to look at that.Pete