Sign in to follow this  
Guest hangar744

744 AOM Hydraulic system clarification

Guest hangar744

Hi there,first of all I'd like to wish you all a happy new year.Then I'd like to get straight to my point. I remember years ago when the queen was released, there was a long topic about misleading words in the AOM concerning hydraulic system description and operation. As far as I remember, a new version of the AOM was released with the 744F, correcting some of the issues previously discussed on the forums. This morning I took a better look at those five pages. Reading every single sentence several times revealed a large number of incorrect information.I was NOT looking for missing and/or incomplete information. This is obvious, because the five page manual would be hundreds of pages instead.I was looking for incorrect facts, logic, component names and so on.Basically, after reading each sentence I asked myself the very simple question: Is it true?The strange thing is, that some facts described correctly later reappear otherwise.Is actually someone interested in 744 hydraulic power nowadays?Would someone be interested to see a corrected version of 744 AOM hydraulic power?Do I have the right to modify and upload those five pages?Don't get me wrong, I only would like to help.regards,delcom

Hi Delcom!I am always interested in improving my B744 knowledge, and therefore would be very interested in your pointing out errors in existing documentation.The issue of copyright may arise, but PMDG will perhaps welcome the corrections.Happy new year,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

In my previous life as an Operations manual/script writer, I always welcomed receiving section/paragraph re-writes of manuals I have issued that an expert user found errors in my logic/knowledge. I would usually send the 'correction' to another 'independent expert' for their opinion. If they agreed with the new submission, I would issue a modification for the operations manual. I would imagine PMDG would welcome the offer. Create a support request and submit corrections for consideration.Regards

Geoff Bryce

Guest hangar744

Richard,happy to see that at least someone is interested in a such neglected, rather misunderstood system that is underestimated in complexity by many users. It's very nice to see all the tutorials made by some skilled users taking you on a flight from point A to point B. Make no mistake, I really appreciate their work and effort. These tutorials indeed do give you a really good insight of fuel planning, LNAV and so on. However when it comes to operating the pneumatic system, electrical and especially hydraulic power, things fall short. So many whys remain unanswered, or explained incorrectly in the first place.I am aware that pointing out and correcting errors in the PMDG 744 AOM will not answer any of those questions, but at least it would give a solid base for the next brave user playing with the idea of making the next tutorial.cheers,delcom

Guest hangar744
In my previous life as an Operations manual/script writer, I always welcomed receiving section/paragraph re-writes of manuals I have issued that an expert user found errors in my logic/knowledge. I would usually send the 'correction' to another 'independent expert' for their opinion. If they agreed with the new submission, I would issue a modification for the operations manual. I would imagine PMDG would welcome the offer. Create a support request and submit corrections for consideration.Regards
Exactly, same procedure applies to errors I found in the 744 AMM's throughout the years. I still have one case pending with Boeing. It was something with incorrect brake schematics.regards,delcom

I still have one case pending with Boeing. It was something with incorrect brake schematics.
Any hints? :( Boeing schematics are not meant to be as precise as wiring diagrams, but you do expect the basic diagrams to be accurate. I have several cases pending at the moment (e.g. Chapter 33 diagrams which show 8 engine fire bottles on CF6-powered aircraft)Cheers.Q>P.S. Still looking for a schematic of the dual RMI option :(

Guest hangar744
Still looking for a schematic of the dual RMI option :(
I've searched TII 744 WDM, SSM...no trace of RMI-R. Weird, huh? But I refuse to give it up :( cheers,delcom