Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest flightHEAD

Tuning the Radio

Hi , I have a problem concerning the tuning of radios. I`m using the VRInsight M-Panel ( and its the same without) , When i tune a Tower frenquency ie 118.75 , I tune it with the m-panel and press the TFR/AP button (same as STBY flip/flop switch) which is basicly just like pressing 1 on the keyboard , It dails the frequency but then i still have to press 1 to confirm it again...How do i confirm the frequency without using the Keyboard..Thanks FlightHEAD.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you're talking about contacting ATC then I think you're stuck with the keyboard numbers. With the exception of dialing in the tower and ATIS frequencies all interaction with ATC is done by either the keyboard or the mouse. You can dial in a frequency manually, and listen to the chatter, but as far as I know you can't initiate a dialogue without pressing numbers on the keyboard.

If you're talking about contacting ATC then I think you're stuck with the keyboard numbers. With the exception of dialing in the tower and ATIS frequencies all interaction with ATC is done via the keyboard. You can dial in a frequency manually, and listen to the chatter, but as far as I know you can't initiate a dialogue without pressing numbers on the keyboard.
Thank you very much....ah well i thought buyin the m-panel would have solved the issue..I just find it strange , with all the Radio , MCP hardware available today we still have to use the Keyboard whilst flying.

Sorry for the bump , Just out of curiosity would it be possible to assign the confirm radio command to a button on the Saitek Yoke or throttle.??

Yes. In the Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys dialogue select Simulator events from the Event category drop down box and set Select items 1 - 4 to a key on your joystick.

Yes. In the Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys dialogue select Simulator events from the Event category drop down box and set Select items 1 - 4 to a key on your joystick.
Thankyou very much Mike :) that worked a treat.