Sign in to follow this  

What kind of RAM???

Hello,I've a question regarding wich RAM I should put into my computer...I will buy a new one next month, but I don't know witch RAM is faster:256MB 266Mhz DDR SDRAMor256 MB RDRAM 400MHz I think the RDRAM is faster (400MHz) but a friend of mine told me the SDRAM is faster.... What is true???please help me.And will you get a higher frame rate with more RAM or with a better video card???Thanks in advantage,STEFAN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you are buying the computer as a package from a vendor, ask them which type memory the computer will accept. Usually today, it will only accept one or the other, not both.If you are buying a MOBO and installing yourself, check with the MOBO manufacturer to see which memory the computer will accept.Go to www.crucial.com and read about memory to get an understanding of the history of memory and where it is going in the future.

Well they also make 333mhz PC2700 DDR RAM, never tried it though.I use 2GB of PC800 RAMBUS. RAMBUS is the fastest as far as I know. Expensive though. Of course, you don't need 2GB, but I do alot of CAD, so I need it. My previous setup had 512MB of PC2100 DDR RAM and it worked like a charm. I would use DDR if I were you. Try DDR333. Seems to be good stuff.Hope this helps.btw, go AMD, screw Intel and their prices.

Thanks for your answers.Think I will call the vendor for further info.... :)thanks againSPL