Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jetbootz

Ram speed not as per specs?

HIMy Ram is Muskin Redline 12800 2x 2GB modules, speeds in the sticker is 7-7-7-18 and in my bios it seems like it is running at 9-9-9-24..?How can I get the prescribed speed?Cheers!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HIMy Ram is Muskin Redline 12800 2x 2GB modules, speeds in the sticker is 7-7-7-18 and in my bios it seems like it is running at 9-9-9-24..?How can I get the prescribed speed?Cheers!
You need to manually set the timings in the BIOS. A lot of DIMMs rated at faster timings still have the slower settings in their firmware SPD settings.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

You need to manually set the timings in the BIOS. A lot of DIMMs rated at faster timings still have the slower settings in their firmware SPD settings.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Thanks!I thought as much, but I was too scared to go messing around with the RAM.... I dont know that much. Ill just change the settings and hope it does not fry anything!cheers