Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Soon to be my first PMDG product: The 747X.

Guest acezboy561

When my i5 system returns to me in a few minutes/hours I plan to buy the 747X rather soon depending on my mood, is there any point buying the EDS right now or would it be better on the future when I do need it, I want to make this product in my offical Top 5 :(

Hi Aidan, Congrats on your new system and soon to be purchase! I will let others answer the EDS question since personally I have never used it and don't know the ins and outs. I would however recommend you make a back-up of it. Personally I have several backups of certain items/programs. On cd, external usb drive, internal secondary drive, usb flash keychain etc... etc... Heck, I would even back up data to an EEPROM for a tooth filling if I could :(.I always also make a copy of any pertiniant information that accompanies whatever program. For example, in every back up folder I have a text file with my code key, shipment ID, or whatever I need to enter to activate it. Even my own email address used when I bought it. Let's face it, who's to say what life may throw at you and how long you may go before a reinstall right?Good luck with the Fat girl! She's one of my favorites of alllll time.PS. Out of curiosity, what are the other 4 in your "Top 5"? :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest acezboy561

Hi Dan,(Would of got back sooner but AMD and ATI with 1gb of ram isnt my best friend =/)Ill be enjoying the queen of the skys as Ive has about 6 other add-ons that are on my list to get right now but the 747 won over them all :) Like I said in my "Am I loud to..." thread, I back it up on my email, my HDD, USB and a 500GB HDD for transfering files ;)My Top 5 addons so far are:1. REX 2.02. Lotus Sim's L-393. Captain Sim 7674. JustFlight Piper Tomahawk (Fancy that, ive flowen it in real life!)5. Carenado Piper Arrow IVNot sure where the 747 will fit in until I actually learn to fly it (hoping it wont take long, but I dont have my hopes high!)

Hi Dan,(Would of got back sooner but AMD and ATI with 1gb of ram isnt my best friend =/)Ill be enjoying the queen of the skys as Ive has about 6 other add-ons that are on my list to get right now but the 747 won over them all :) Like I said in my "Am I loud to..." thread, I back it up on my email, my HDD, USB and a 500GB HDD for transfering files ;)My Top 5 addons so far are:1. REX 2.02. Lotus Sim's L-393. Captain Sim 7674. JustFlight Piper Tomahawk (Fancy that, ive flowen it in real life!)5. Carenado Piper Arrow IVNot sure where the 747 will fit in until I actually learn to fly it (hoping it wont take long, but I dont have my hopes high!)
Its kind of funny you mentioned the two GA birds at the bottom. I see that many, many people buy them, but I've never completely understood the attraction. Like you I've flown the Tomahawk. I own an Arrow (for sale, btw). But, I sim the heavies and the Turbos because the odds that I ever fly one is about zero. I own some small BizJets too, which while unlikely that I will ever fly, are certainly more likely then me ever flying the 744. After you master the 744, I highly recommend the MD-11. Its so different then anything else that I can spend hours just messing around with the systems without ever going anyway and have a blast doing it. I actually find the 747 reasonably easy to manage. The MD-11, on the other hand... whoa, nellie.

Its kind of funny you mentioned the two GA birds at the bottom. I see that many, many people buy them, but I've never completely understood the attraction. Like you I've flown the Tomahawk. I own an Arrow (for sale, btw).
Not everyone can be as super duper as yourself :( . For regular folks like myself, I equally enjoy single pistons and the 747 alike as I don't have the opportunity to own an arrow, let alone a 'few' jets...