Sign in to follow this  
Youngpilot

FSX crashes always

Does nowbody know an other solution than reinstall FSX? :(
Personally, if it is that much of a problem I can't see why reinstalling is such a big deal. I do it all the time and have 14 addon's to manually back up each time, and my addon directory alone is 46gb. It really depends on how much this issue bothers you, I don't see why reinstalling is that big a deal. I do it often just to experiment with addons, or when trying to help troubleshoot issues that I don't even have (in other words, the ASA issue and high TAT, to try various setups according to other users I reinstalled to their exact install order and addon's to test).I know it can be a pain, but not if you write yourself a nice install checklist and backup list. This may be a good time to write one and could turn out for the better in many ways. If your not sure what to back up, or install order of any addon, list them and I'll tell you because I either have it or no longer use it but probably do have the specific backup/install notes still handy.I have actually spent a couple hours researching your issue and can't say exactly what it is. Something somewhere, somehow just got hosed. If you do go the reinstall route, make sure to clean up you apps/local, apps/roaming, program data and program (x86) folders after unstalls. Note any errors on uninstalls and run a registry cleaner before reinstalls. To me, this issue seems like a registry issue, but whatever it is, these steps should always be done anyway.What ever you decide, I really do hope you get it resolved soon and will gladly help if I can.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest meirumeiru
Personally, if it is that much of a problem I can't see why reinstalling is such a big deal. I do it all the time and have 14 addon's to manually back up each time, and my addon directory alone is 46gb. It really depends on how much this issue bothers you, I don't see why reinstalling is that big a deal. I do it often just to experiment with addons, or when trying to help troubleshoot issues that I don't even have (in other words, the ASA issue and high TAT, to try various setups according to other users I reinstalled to their exact install order and addon's to test).I know it can be a pain, but not if you write yourself a nice install checklist and backup list. This may be a good time to write one and could turn out for the better in many ways. If your not sure what to back up, or install order of any addon, list them and I'll tell you because I either have it or no longer use it but probably do have the specific backup/install notes still handy.I have actually spent a couple hours researching your issue and can't say exactly what it is. Something somewhere, somehow just got hosed. If you do go the reinstall route, make sure to clean up you apps/local, apps/roaming, program data and program (x86) folders after unstalls. Note any errors on uninstalls and run a registry cleaner before reinstalls. To me, this issue seems like a registry issue, but whatever it is, these steps should always be done anyway.What ever you decide, I really do hope you get it resolved soon and will gladly help if I can.
I know, my comment doesn't help now... but why the f* is there only so extremly bad software out there... it's hard to describe how bad it is. I think that the words to describe that have first to be invented. ...

I know, my comment doesn't help now... but why the f* is there only so extremly bad software out there... it's hard to describe how bad it is. I think that the words to describe that have first to be invented. ...
I hear ya Rudolf,There difinitely are some bad programs, some of which you can see it hardly was (if at all even beta'd, even by the developer). In a lot of cases though I think most things are tied into different individual setups and things like issues with Windows x86 program folder for 1. You can easily see the ones out there that don't know how to query the registry with their installers and other little things that are quite laughable from a consumer stand point.My biggest gripe is why most addons I have don't clean up when uninstalled. It goes with what I said above in a lot of cases, but it's pretty stupid that you have to go to (in some cases) 3 different folders to manually delete their folders after uninstall, to me that is just poor product developement. I have one addon that will remain nameless, it is a great addon and I think a lot of people here may use it but they released a service pack for it and after a couple hundred people complained about it and a day later, they basically said "Ooops, we forgot to add most of the files to our compiler". I really can't believe some people don't take the small amount of time to test things before they release. I rather wait however long they see fit before releasing it, or they could release it as known beta for faster developement and of course then some things would be understandable.The most aggravating for me is a program I just bought a few months ago (landclass software) has 4 updates all dating back years before my purchase. Why in the world can they not implement their patches into a final release or at least with the latest patches incorporated into it. Total laziness if you ask me, but most companies don't bother which is another sad point.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier