Sign in to follow this  

Photoshop 5.5

Hello again!!!I need help from you guys, I wanted to know, how can I put a MARK around my pictures, I dont know exactly how this is said in english, but what i mean, is like a some of u do. Pics look awesome eith that!!! thanks in advance...

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you describe how what you want should look?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Ok, in the screenshot forum, there are some piccies, that have like a *mark* aroud them, i.e. u have your pic, and when you resized it and all that, there is a way to put this *mark* so it looks more real, is like a shadow u put behind the pic...that's all i can explain right now :(

Guest Beemer

Look for the "dropshadow" command. I think that's what your describing.Regards

Puedes describir lo que necesitas en Espanol. Quizas una sombra a los objectos? You can describe what you need in Spanish. Perhaps a shadow?Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I'm not sure 5.5 has them, but if so you can try the blending options on a layer. This may be a 6.0 thing, but you can put the screenshot on its own layer, then make the canvas a few pixels bigger and right-click on the layer that has the image. There should be a listing for "blending options". Just click that and a box will come up with all sorts of options for adding effects. Check "drop shadow" in the list and then adjust the parameters of the shadow to get it looking the way you want. Voila!If this option isn't present in 5.5, there is another simple way. Just follow these steps:1. Open the image you want to add a shadow around.2. Add two layers in the layers palette and copy your image to both3. Make the canvas size larger, say 120%, both width and height.4. Flood fill the bottom most layer with white or whatever you want your background color to be.5. Check the "preserve transparency" box on the middle layer and fill it with black. Then uncheck the preserve transparency box <-- this is IMPORTANT or the shadowing won't work.6. Still on the middle layer, go to Filters --> Blur and add a Gaussian blur. Try a setting of something like 2 to 3 pixels and see what you like. 7. Turn the opacity of the middle (shadow) layer down to 60% or so... again, use your judgement.8. Move the middle layer around under the top one until you get the shadow effect you want.Try it, it sounds complicated but it only takes a minute or so.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

5.5 does have the drop shadow option. Open your screenshot, then open a new image file in PS larger than your screenshot.go to Layer/Layer Style/Drop Shadow.You can then make adjustments to the appearance of the drop shadow there.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/24946.jpg