Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Morgan

Is a graphics package needed for ASA?

Guest John Morgan

I am thinking of purchasing ASA and I have read the FAQs in respect of the product.One FAQ says 'ASA is strictly a comprehensive weather engine and does not include a graphics texture package'.Does this mean that when purchasing ASA I will also need to purchase a graphics package or can I rely on the cloud graphics which I assume to be part of FSX itself?Best wishes, John M

I am thinking of purchasing ASA and I have read the FAQs in respect of the product.One FAQ says 'ASA is strictly a comprehensive weather engine and does not include a graphics texture package'.Does this mean that when purchasing ASA I will also need to purchase a graphics package or can I rely on the cloud graphics which I assume to be part of FSX itself?Best wishes, John M
Hi JohnASA will work with stock FSX cloud textures but looks so much better with a graphics package :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest John Morgan
Hi JohnASA will work with stock FSX cloud textures but looks so much better with a graphics package :(
Thanks Jean-Paul, will consider adding a graphics package to my purchase,Best wishes, John M.

Guest robains

X Graphics for ASA is a nice addition, the weather does indeed look VERY realistic and the smoothing is MUCH better - rarely do I get "instant" weather changes any more. I'lll try to post up some pics including differences between FSX default and ASA/X Graphics. I'm still learning ASA as it's pretty comprehensive, still not sure when I should be taking "snapshots" using X Graphics -- everytime I do a flight??The only issue I have is that there seems to be some kind of conflict between ASA/X Graphics and my PMDG J41 -- if I use standard FSX weather no issues, if I load up ASA/X Graphics I get VC issues with my J41.Got some good suggestions from some other Forum members that I'm looking into -- kinda a strange problem.Rob

You don't need a graphics package with ASA, but if you do get one I'd recommend REX2. I have XGraphics also, but rarely use it anymore after getting REX2, you get some stunning visuals with that product.REX2 actually has its own weather engine, too, but nowhere near as good as ASA, so I just leave it disabled.