Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

Windows 7 has me Baffled

As in the title I am totally and completely confused by Windows 7. Having come from XP and getting a new, virgin computer. I installed FS9. Then on advice I created a partition and installed FS9 there. I thought I had uninstalled FS9 from the Main "C" drive but I see some of it still remains.I then installed a CPFlight Driver on "C" drive and must also have installed it on "E" drive. Then I try to uninstall it and it disappears from the All Programmes list but sits complete on "E" drive still. I just don't understand-why didn't it uninstall from "E" drive?I have installed Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment, WOAI packages, GoFlight Modules, FSUIPC 3.96, PMDG737-800.etcI have nothing on this machine that is needed.I want to start afresh and reinstall everything again. Is there an easy way to clean up this brand new computer.Might even consider reinstalling XP.I am getting old so something familiar might be easier for me.Bill

On second thoughts that was just a frustrated rant. All of the programmes mentioned are running well in Windows 7 a nd I am experiencing very smooth flights. But I am having a very frustrating time getting my CPFlight MCP (RS232 version) working. Paolo from CPFlight and Pete Dowson from FSUIPC are both trying to help me. It may all be related to this security thing but maybe not. Considering that this piece of kit is by far the most expensive addition to my flightsim setup you may understand my frustration particularly after I have had several years of very reliable performance from it under XP.Bill

Guest firehawk44
As in the title I am totally and completely confused by Windows 7. Having come from XP and getting a new, virgin computer. I installed FS9. Then on advice I created a partition and installed FS9 there. I thought I had uninstalled FS9 from the Main "C" drive but I see some of it still remains.I then installed a CPFlight Driver on "C" drive and must also have installed it on "E" drive. Then I try to uninstall it and it disappears from the All Programmes list but sits complete on "E" drive still. I just don't understand-why didn't it uninstall from "E" drive?I have installed Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment, WOAI packages, GoFlight Modules, FSUIPC 3.96, PMDG737-800.etcI have nothing on this machine that is needed.I want to start afresh and reinstall everything again. Is there an easy way to clean up this brand new computer.Might even consider reinstalling XP.I am getting old so something familiar might be easier for me.Bill
Even with XP, FS9 (and FSX) does not completely uninstall. After uninstalling, you need to go to the FS9 directory and delete the folder. Then, you need a registry cleaner (free - do a search on the Internet). That should wipe out the registration data for FS9. Even if you install FS9 or FSX on another partition, many of the drivers, etc., will be installed in the main Windows folder (the one that controls your system). This happened in XP too. This is normal.Best regards,Jim

On second thoughts that was just a frustrated rant. All of the programmes mentioned are running well in Windows 7 a nd I am experiencing very smooth flights. But I am having a very frustrating time getting my CPFlight MCP (RS232 version) working. Paolo from CPFlight and Pete Dowson from FSUIPC are both trying to help me. It may all be related to this security thing but maybe not. Considering that this piece of kit is by far the most expensive addition to my flightsim setup you may understand my frustration particularly after I have had several years of very reliable performance from it under XP.Bill
Does CPFlight MCP (RS232 version) have it's own software? If so try another executable o/s compatiblity mode and/or run as Administrator.