Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

CLS Planes and W7 not compatible?

I have always had good frame rates with CLS planes but now on my new rig with W7 freshly installed and FSX working great only my CLS planes have deteriorated in the FPS department. I for the life of me can't figure out why. All my other addon planes by PMDG, LevelD, Just Flight and Aerosoft are all working great, but load a CLS plane and the FPS drops drastically. I've been scouring forums including the CLS forum but have not seen anything on this. Can anyone point me to something that might be a clue as to why only the CLS planes, and not any of the others, are giving me FPS problems.Otherwise, my FSX works beautifully paired with W7 64 bit on my new rig, much better than Vista:W7 64 bitIntel i7 chip 3.2 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX 295Nhancer with Nick's set up6 MB ramLee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest firehawk44
I have always had good frame rates with CLS planes but now on my new rig with W7 freshly installed and FSX working great only my CLS planes have deteriorated in the FPS department. I for the life of me can't figure out why. All my other addon planes by PMDG, LevelD, Just Flight and Aerosoft are all working great, but load a CLS plane and the FPS drops drastically. I've been scouring forums including the CLS forum but have not seen anything on this. Can anyone point me to something that might be a clue as to why only the CLS planes, and not any of the others, are giving me FPS problems.Otherwise, my FSX works beautifully paired with W7 64 bit on my new rig, much better than Vista:W7 64 bitIntel i7 chip 3.2 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX 295Nhancer with Nick's set up6 MB ramLee
Here's my guess: CLS aircraft were made for another version of FS and were "upgraded" to make it compatible with FSX. The textures were not converted for DX10 implementation. Therefore, it's taking a bit more time for the non-FSX textures to load. I bought their upgraded version to the DC10 and had similar problems and, when I had to reinstall FSX, I didn't reinstall the DC10. CLS was about the first developer to upgrade their aircraft for FSX and I was one of the first to jump on their bandwagon. But there are now just too many other great aircraft out there providing better frames. But I DO like the DC10, a great aircraft with great sounds! I am surprised you're having issues though as you have a nice system. I suspect you have the Intel 920 cpu?Best regards,Jim

Jim, I suspect you are right. Somehow their conversion worked okay through Wxp but now with W7 it's caught up with them and is not translating properly. There are other conversions that seem okay like LevelD and even my old 50North 737 planes work well. The newer FSX native stuff works great. Baffling.My cpu is the 965.Lee

Lee H

Guest firehawk44
My cpu is the 965.Lee
Like I said, you have a very nice system setup. It would be nice if some of these developers would model a native FSX aircraft for their products. Captain Sim, LevelD and some other FS9 heavy hitters have been pretty successful though upgrading their FS9 products to FSX but then they have also made their textures compatible with DX10 and I think that's what's needed at CLS.Enjoy your new system!Best regards,Jim

Do you have their 747? If so, what so you think of the sounds in FSX in Win7? Also, which version of FSX are you using?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'm using FSX with Acceleration. I have the CLS 747, but it too gives me the FPS problem so I removed it. I tried the Captain Sim 757 demo and the FPS was just fine. Curious isn't it?I'm going to just wait for FSX built planes like the new Aerosoft A300 that is coming soon and the PMDG NGX.Lee

Lee H