Sign in to follow this  
Guest ucanfly

Landing video - Check it out!

Guest RSmith

Obviously, real. Very scary ! I'm guessing "Hong Kong" ?? I really don't know ?????1. What pilot would land vs. go-around in these conditons ?2. Wind sock shows little / no wind - why was the approach so OFF ??3. From many replays, looks to me as if the 747 may have cleaned a few of the threshold lights, if not the centerline lights, while burning rubber off the bird's left gear ??4. What airline.......... surely one to avoid !RonKORL

Guest outtatimeiii

Apparently this is a real common thing at Kai Tak. Go to airliners.net and search for the most popular pictures at Kai Tak and you will see why they closed this airport down :-lol.

I'm no expert, but as someone mentioned, the windsock certainly isn't pegged. Also, there is absolutely no chop in the water.I wish the video had gone longer.. although, the lil skid to the right seemed to be on the verge of correction.

It looked like that 747 rudder was very effective in straighting the bird out....I don't recall MSFS 747's rudder quite so good...am I wrong?

Guest bfindlay

Not the rudder (well, not ONLY the rudder - nor even MAINLY the rudder!)Differential throttles.

Guest ucanfly

I can't believe that person saved that landing!! Incredible job, but bad decision not to go around. Maybe the zoom on the camera lense also distorted it a bit , but that still must have been a wild ride.