Sign in to follow this  
Guest GalacticCowboy

a few minutes of help please...

I have been reveiwing the websites including the manufacturers but I am still at a loss. I am unable to find reviews for both of these products. Can you help me for a second? I would like to know in plain english in a few sentences, the major differences between;Gigabyte GA7VRX andGigabyte GA7VRXPWhat does the P type do or have? I other words, what are the top 3 differences? Thanks for reading.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The P seems to have all the features of the "standard" model but with the following additions:* Built-in network 10/100 network card* The built-in sound card is a Creative instead of a generic brand* Built-in RAID controller (used to provide higher-performance hard disk access and also can provide "redundancy" - depending how it's set up, if one disk fails you may not lose your data). RAID stands for "R"edundant "A"rray of "I"ndependent "D"isks. You need a larger-than-normal computer case to hold the extra disks, though.* 4 IDE ports instead of 2. You can hook up twice as many IDE drives (hard drives, CD-ROMs, etc.). Useful if you want to set up a RAID.For some reason, it lists a joystick port. I'd be rather surprised if the standard one doesn't have one too - joyports usually go with sound cards, so if it's got a built-in sound card it "should" have a joyport too.Back to RAID for a second. You can set up a RAID with as few as 2 hard drives. There are different levels of RAID depending on how many drives you have and how they are set up. If it won't make your head explode, read http://www.raidweb.com/whatis.html for more info. :)HTH.