Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThomasNeumann

PMDG 747-400X enignes black smoke

Guest ThomasNeumann

Hi, I have a problem.Always when I load PMDG 747-400X aircraft there is a black smoke coming out from all the engines.

PMDG 747-400 fails to reloadFSX has a problem in the way it loads custom animations for the visual models. PMDG relies heavily on custom animations in order to do everything from flaps and slats to allowing users to de-select the winglets or open and close the cargo nose of the 747-400F. For this reason, the PMDG 747-400 is susceptible to a quirky fault within FSX that is generally relatively easy to avoid: If you have selected a PMDG 747-400X, then re-enter the aircraft selection menu and select a PMDG 747-400X of the same engine type, you MIGHT trigger this quirky little bug in FSX, and the PMDG 747-400 will fail to load properly and be unflyable within the simulator. If this happens, simply close the sim and start over again. We identified this failing to Microsoft but there simply wasn’t sufficient time for them to address the issue, although they were able to find the cause of the problem. Hopefully for a future update we will see a fix! Sometimes it is not obvious that you have been bitten by this bug- so here are a few things that are SURE signs that it has happened: The cockpit backlighting is ON and the displays are blank The cockpit switches won’t animate correctly The visual model appears rigid and is not animated correctly There is smoke pouring from the engines and the model won’t animate. This bug should rarely affect you- and can be avoided by one simple rule: Don’t reload the same engine type airplane. (You can switch between engine types with no problems.)
I have no problems with model animations. I have black smoke ONLY when I load aircraft in COLD & DARK mode. No matter if I choose GE, RR or PW engines.When I load 747 with engines running there is no smoke.I need cold & dark panel state because I always configure cockpit by myself. So taxiing and flying with engines full of black smoke is weird. Maybe someone has solution to remove strange smoke...All best,T. N.

Full names are used in this forum.I've never read this one before. How are you creating the cold and dark state? Are you saving a flight or just the panel?

Dan Downs KCRP

It's probably because you have a default flight saved with the same engine type.You will get black smoke and other abnormalities when you load another aircraft of the same engine type in a row.So in other words if you change aircraft type to another livery of the same engine type you will get this issue. If your loading a default I recommend not doing it with any addon aircraft (other problems you don't want). Make your saved default, if any - a FSX default aircraft like the cessna or something. Restart FSX then pick your plane, change your airport etc... You should be all set then. Personally, I don't do any more saved defaults for bugs in FSX itself. Saved defaults get corrupt and since I've stopped using them I have cleared up several unexplainable mysteries.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest ThomasNeumann

I've load aircraft (engines were running, cockpit is powered and configured by default).I've switched off all knobs, switches... (fuel control cutoff, fuel pumps, power etc.) then saved flight (not only panel state).When I load saved flight cockpit is in cold&dark mode, aircraft loads very fast panel state settings (engines stop immediately) and black smoke appears.Thomas NeumannTurbine777 I'll try your method...

Guest ThomasNeumann

Turbine777 your method works fine!!!!!!!!! Great! Thank you very much :)Thomas Neumann

Turbine777 your method works fine!!!!!!!!! Great! Thank you very much :)Thomas Neumann
Glad it worked out Thomas, those nasty saved defaults getting corrupted seem to play a roll in lots of abnormalities.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier