Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

nVidia, Windows 7 64 bit and black missing textures in FSX?

I've posts regarding black or missing texture by people using Windows 7/64 and FSX. These seemd to usually be with PMDG aircraft, but it seems some have reported it with other aircraft. No one was able to actually give a reason why this happened, but many have speculated that it was related to the nVidia drivers. Does anyone have more information on this? Was it an issue, or currently an issue? And if so, is it in fact related to nVidia drivers? Does anyone have any screenshots of exactly what this looks like and is happening?I ask, because I am planning a new computer and ideally want to use the nVidia 275/285. However, these issues could make me rethink if they're still in existance.

Eric Szczesniak

I've posts regarding black or missing texture by people using Windows 7/64 and FSX. These seemd to usually be with PMDG aircraft, but it seems some have reported it with other aircraft. No one was able to actually give a reason why this happened, but many have speculated that it was related to the nVidia drivers. Does anyone have more information on this? Was it an issue, or currently an issue? And if so, is it in fact related to nVidia drivers? Does anyone have any screenshots of exactly what this looks like and is happening?I ask, because I am planning a new computer and ideally want to use the nVidia 275/285. However, these issues could make me rethink if they're still in existance.
This problem is not unique to Nvidia and it is probably unrelated to the graphics drivers at all. Oddly enough, it seems more likely to be related to the fact that MS changed the way DirectX handles sound in Vista and Windows 7. For links to more information and the most successful fix to date, see post #3 in this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=272994Tim

This problem is not unique to Nvidia and it is probably unrelated to the graphics drivers at all. Oddly enough, it seems more likely to be related to the fact that MS changed the way DirectX handles sound in Vista and Windows 7. For links to more information and the most successful fix to date, see post #3 in this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=272994Tim
Thanks for the reply. A lot of good information there for me.

Eric Szczesniak