Sign in to follow this  

FS2K4 screen resolution problems

Guest AJ

Having screen resolution problems with FS2k4. My specs are below. Problem: I cannot run the sim in anything by 800x600 resolution (either 16 or 32). If I set it to anything higher, the sim looks mostly okay in flight, but within the menus, especially "Create a flight," the screen goes mostly black and I cannot see the buttons unless my mouse pointer is directly over them. My default resolution (within windows) is set to 1280x960. However, I cannot run FS2k4 in this resolution or any other except for 800x600. I am running the new 4403 drivers form Nvidia. I do not have this problem in FS2k2. Any Ideas? Athlon 1400XPGeforce4 Ti4400 (4403 drivers)512 mb. DDR PC2100WIn XP

here are my system specs:CPU = amd athlon 2400+ running at 2gigsMOBO = gigabyte 7vaxpMOBO MEM. = 512 megs ddrVID CARD = geforce 4 ti 4200 128 with 44.03 certified nvidia driverswin xp homeahhhh. helpful yes i to have that same problem, im running it at 1280x1024x32, now ill try a diff. setting. thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

well it seems it either works in 800x600 or 1600x1200 i went with the lower and saved big time on the fps'snot bad really at that setting.but i still dont understand how/what is causing it, i went through abotu 3 driver sets but still nothinghere are my system specs:CPU = amd athlon 2400+ running at 2gigsMOBO = gigabyte 7vaxpMOBO MEM. = 512 megs ddrVID CARD = geforce 4 ti 4200 128 with 44.03 certified nvidia driverswin xp homeciao!Brian S

Ciao!

What is your Anti-Aliasing set at. I found that with Nvidia drivers only 4x or 4xs work properly all other AA settings will screw up menus and text.Personally I run at 1280x1024 with no AA. That high of resolution basically does away with the jaggies.Also at 4xS or 4x AA when flying in heavy cloud cover your FPS will take a dip to single digits.Just my observation and experimentation.SeanP4 2.53 533fsb512 Meg DDR 2700128 Meg TI4400

Guest AAF

I've had similar problems, all with Anti Aliasing on. Turn it off, they go away. That's how I solved it in FS2002, though.

Guest AJ

thanks for the input. TIme to go back and do some testing with AA. If anyones else has any thought feel free to post.Andrew

Guest AJ

Okay, the AA was definitely the culprit. I was running on Quincunx and this was apparantly the problem. As stated before, when the AA is either off, or if set to 4x or higher, higher resolutions work fine. Thank you very much for the input.The only remaining issue involves some kind of interference around my mouse pointer. Whenever I move it around the screen, there is a tiny area of black around it. Anyone know the answer to this one?Andrew

Just wait a minute... how long has this thing been in beta testing and people are just NOW figuring this out???