Sign in to follow this  
3catcircus

FMC Errors

I recently started FS2004 with the intent to do some 737-700 flying and have encountered the following problem(s):1. Upon attempting to initialize the FMC and entering my initial position, it generates this error: "Error at OR, line 358"2. I can clear the error, but it occurs again when entering DEP and ARR airports on the route page3. Upon clicking on the DEP/ARR key to call up a departure procedure, it only lists the the runway previously selected on the route page, and displays NO SIDSSome info:FS2004 (9.1)FSUIPC 3.93Full PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 installed, including 737TNG V1.3, 737-800/900 model update and V1.1Also have PMDG 747/747-F and MD-11 installed with no errors (also no errors with any of my other payware addons).Has anyone else encountered this error and, if so, how did you fix it?Thanks,John PowersUPDATEI think I found the problem - I believe that the above error is caused by a faulty approach in the KLAS SIDSTAR file:APPROACH VORORDA FIX CINDA 6100 FIX NICZU 5200 FIX 55DME AT OR ABOVE 4080 FIX OVERFLY MA04 3020 RNW OR TRK 360 UNTIL 5000 HOLD AT FIX BLD RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 330 ALT 6000 LEGTIME 1 TRANSITION KACCY HOLD AT FIX KACCY RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 360 ALT 7100 LEGTIME 1The question now, though, is how to fix it. My guess is the error was caused by whatever software Navigraph uses - it most likely pulled the "OR" from the approach name for use as the RNW heading, since most of the approaches are something like ILS25L or VOR25L.The issue though, is that the KLAS VOR/DME-A doesn't specify a runway heading - can I assume that since it is for the 01L/R, I can pick 360 (or 000?)

I suggest you notify navigraph that they have a bug in klas.txt; the solution is to delete the approch, which shouldn't be there because it is a VOR-A approach with circling minima only. The syntax requires that approaches have an assigned runway (e.g., RNW 25L) but VOR-A type of approaches are not runway specific. You could change it to ...MA04 3020 RNW 25L TRK 360....Please give my US collection of sidstars a try. KLAS is included as well as 65 other locations. My procedures provide realistic routing between arrivals and approaches. For example at KLAS the RNAV arrivals are all connected to the three ILS approaches (ILS 01, 25L & 25R) or you can opt for the unmodified arrival if using an ATC service. In the AVSIM library filename cycle_1001_sidstars.zip.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks! I deleted the VOR-A approaches and it works fine now. More importantly, when I get any errors in the future, I now know to pull up the offending text file and look at the line w/ the error.I also happened to have errors with the destination and fixed that myself.Of course, it is now kind of moot as I now have the most current AIRAC.