Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone help me with FFXS New DC-10 flashing strobe lights....

Hello:I recently downloaded a couple of new DC-10's from FFXS...they are all great except one thing. There are no flashing strobe lights on the end of the wings. All it does is go on and off very slowly.....no flashing etc like most planes have these days.Can Anyone help me if there is a way to correct this??Any help would be appreciatedThanks. Jonnymidwestx@wi.rr.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe FFX used gmax strobes, which would explain their tendency to flash at imbalanced intervals. Many designers choose gmax strobes to coincide with dynamic flexing wings, so that the lights can flex with them (default FS2002 strobes don't flex). Although the current FFX DC-10 wing doesn't flex, I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that FFX will be working on a model update which will incorporate them (sometime after the release of FS2004). Hope that clears up your question. :)George

Hi,so which model did You download? -10, -15, -30, -40ER, -40, -40i?First, make sure You properly extracted the "effects" (*.fx) to the right folder (fspatheffects)On my 2400XP+, the strobes blink rather normally. I got me the DC-10-30-ER model which has its lights burrowed to deep in the wings. Try changing the data for the strobes in the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg for a bit in the outboard directions, maybe then they'll show up.Torsten