Sign in to follow this  
Dietmar

Strange Object Position

Hi,can someone explain to me this phenomenon ?I generated a simple box object in GMAX. I placed it with exact 82

Hi,can someone explain to me this phenomenon ?I generated a simple box object in GMAX. I placed it with exact 82

Thanks, I guess you are right. The more I am in the north, the more the deviation. Goes up to be more than 12 degrees.OK, thanks for the LINKS, I will try it.RegardsDietmar

Bingo ! It works. This is the required variable in the scenery placing tool:(A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES TRUE,degrees)Thanks again.Dietmar

Thanks, I guess you are right. The more I am in the north, the more the deviation. Goes up to be more than 12 degrees.OK, thanks for the LINKS, I will try it.RegardsDietmar
Well not quite, actually the deviation is mainly the difference between true and magnetic north but could also vary depending on terrestrial factors. Since you seem to live in Germany you might eventually have access to ICAO charts which have isogonal lines depicted; it's quite obvious from looking at them they are not only influenced by the angular variation. The variation could by the way go up to a maximum of 180 degrees, that is right in between the two poles obviously.Greets from EDDF :(Etienne

OK, I do not disagree with you. But at least for the object placement into my FSX scenery it works very well.Thank's for your info.Dietmar